Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Re: Welcome
Reply #345 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 11:41pm

Mike Baber wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 9:24pm:
Welcome Ken

I do believe you'll fit right in here with the rest of us nuttz. With your machinist experience... you'll do well, just remember its wood... like Chucks head so treat it softly, not like Ken's head... tin... hehehe Get it... Tin Head LOL!!!

hey everybody, Mike made a funny smiley=shake head.gif Roll Eyes Cheesy Lips Sealed Kiss Kiss Kiss

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #346 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 7:15am

David Hamann wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 11:41pm:
Mike Baber wrote on Feb 28th, 2009 at 9:24pm:
Welcome Ken

I do believe you'll fit right in here with the rest of us nuttz. With your machinist experience... you'll do well, just remember its wood... like Chucks head so treat it softly, not like Ken's head... tin... hehehe Get it... Tin Head LOL!!!

hey everybody, Mike made a funny smiley=shake head.gif Roll Eyes Cheesy Lips Sealed Kiss Kiss Kiss

Congrats you finally make a funny.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Ken Ferrell

WR Rocks!

Reply #347 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 5:57pm

smiley=dankk2.gif Thanks guys,I'm not sure I want to post pics of my round things just yet,  My pen's aren't too bad, considering I started turning them on a worn out Clausing metal lathe, Now I have a Steel City 10x14 Jet clone. I still need to make a few new tool rests for it, Just isn't enough time, I remember Ron from Penturners.org, but after seeing so many beautiful Bowls and Hollow Forms and Boxes I have to branch out,  The Gallery here has some fantastic pieces that amaze me. but I'm easily amazed. Roll Eyes

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. &&&&Henry Ford
IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #348 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 7:47pm

Ken,

NEVER be afraid to post a picture.  you might think it is junk, but others might not and best of all, you get ideas on how it might have been done.  please post pictures.  we all started as new turners.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

IP Logged

Travis Northcutt
WR Addict

Reply #349 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 8:23pm

Welcome as well.  Yes, the gallery has some awsome work from these awsome turners.  It may be intemidating at first but you never know how many lurkers are out there wishing they could post there work but don't want to be the first.  It might inspire someone else to share with us.  As already stated we all had to start some where.  Any suggestions or critiques come out of support and a desire to help you become a better turner.  If anyone is ugly or hateful we will get Revdoug to "accidentally" delete them.

Artitst Formerly Known as BAMA &&Before you can thunder into Pharoah's court proclaiming "thus saith the Lord", you must first stand before a burning bush

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #350 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 8:28pm

Ken,
I am far from the level of most members here but I have posted my stuff & received advice to make my stuff excel. Don't ever feel your stuff isn't good enough to post you will get honest constructive criticism to help you do better.

Besides Doug hasn't deleted anyone in about a month & he's about due.  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2009 at 8:29pm by Chuck Beland »  

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #351 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 10:48pm

Chuck Beland wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 8:28pm:
Ken,
I am far from the level of most members here but I have posted my stuff & received advice to make my stuff excel. Don't ever feel your stuff isn't good enough to post you will get honest constructive criticism to help you do better.

Besides Doug hasn't deleted anyone in about a month & he's about due.  Grin

don't mind chuckie, he has a simple mind.  Doug won't delete you for pictures, unless of course they show chuckie in a tutu and forum hat. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ned A from South GA
WR Addict

Formerly Nappen who said...Sleep
is for wimps

Reply #352 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 3:44pm

Okay, so I am not new, but I am renew Wink

Been gone a while...lost my moderator status Cry but am home and happy.

It is good to see the growth and changes. I remember the 100th member celebration smiley=lolk.gif

Thanks to all and glad to be back.

I'm not addicted to coffee, it just keeps the headaches away.

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #353 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 5:48pm

Glad you are back and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.  You are a great American hero.  We applaud you and your service to our country.  Welcome home.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #354 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 6:39pm

Rev. Doug Miller wrote on Mar 21st, 2009 at 5:48pm:
Glad you are back and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.  You are a great American hero.  We applaud you and your service to our country.  Welcome home.

I Second What Rev said...  Welcome Home young man, we're proud of you as if you were my own son!!!

Wizzy

IP Logged

Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

Reply #355 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 1:13pm

Rev. Doug Miller wrote on Mar 21st, 2009 at 5:48pm:
Glad you are back and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.  You are a great American hero.  We applaud you and your service to our country.  Welcome home.

I have to add my welcome home as well. I know as a Nam vet we didn't hear that enough until recently so here is a great big one.

Welcome home sir and thank you.

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY, WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING
WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #356 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 5:35pm

I'll also add my Welcome home from a Vet.  smiley=thumbsup.gif

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #357 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 7:26pm

Welcome Home Ned and Thank You for your service.

« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2009 at 7:26pm by David Hamann »  

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #358 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 8:23pm

Dave,
What did you do have all your brown bear relatives put on uniforms for the pics??? Grin

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #359 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 11:30pm

yep.  from left to right is my uncle Rick, US Army(Vietnam); my brother Jamie, US Air Force(Elmendorf, AK); my dad Gene, US Navy(Korea); and my FIL Robert, US Army(WWII, D-Day). Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2009 at 11:32pm by David Hamann »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28
Send Topic Print