Woodturners: 21st century
Druids

Los Angeles, CA, California, USA
Los Angeles, CA
California
USA

Re: Welcome
Reply #75 - Jun 14th, 2005 at 7:34am

Happy to have you join us Anthony, let us know if you have any questions/insights and enjoy the WR site.  Smiley

Chris Wright
WR Manager

Three Mutts Customs
Custom Leather, Wood & Metal gear
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing"
IP Logged

this-is-anthony
WR Noob

^ Darth Tater

Reply #76 - Jun 16th, 2005 at 6:57pm

Anyone from around Rochester, NY by any chance?

My wife hates sawdust too.

IP Logged

Gil Jones
Ex Member

Reply #77 - Jun 16th, 2005 at 7:04pm

Welcome aboard, Anthony.
Way down south in Georgia.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
this-is-anthony
WR Noob

^ Darth Tater

Reply #78 - Jun 16th, 2005 at 7:35pm

I often wish I was in the South. Especially in winter.  2-3' of snow at a time is just no fun at all.  Never get that in GA, do ya?

My wife hates sawdust too.

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #79 - Jun 17th, 2005 at 5:23am

Anthony we do have a member that lives not too far fro you but I will let him introduce himself.  I live in southern Indiana just across the Ohio river from Louisville KY.  I will be in your neck of the woods in July.  We are going to spend a day or two on vacation at Niagra Falls and my wife who is from the Rochester area wants to revisit some old childhood haunts, mostly in the lake canadaguia(?) area.

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Ned A from South GA
WR Addict

Formerly Nappen who said...Sleep
is for wimps

Reply #80 - Jun 17th, 2005 at 3:39pm

Welcome aboard, Also from (not quite as) far south georgia.

Not much snow here, but lots of rain and lots of 100 degree days. Everywhere has its ups and downs I guess.

I'm not addicted to coffee, it just keeps the headaches away.

IP Logged

chris
WR Noob

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #81 - Aug 22nd, 2005 at 7:01pm

Hey all,

I've been checking out the site for the past week or so and finally signed up.  I have been turning for about two years.  I mostly use my jet mini lathe, but I also have my father-in-laws old craftsman full size lathe if I need it. 
I live in the south burbs of chicago, married with one son and one ? on the way.  I am a firefighter and do most of my turning now while I am work.  It seems to be the only place I can find some time.  Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.  Have a great day.

Chris

IP Logged

Keith_Bundy

Ky. turner

Reply #82 - Aug 22nd, 2005 at 7:24pm

Hi Chris - Welcome aboard. You'll find this site very useful and very friendly. Any questions you have can be answered here so don't be afraid to ask. Plenty of pictures in the gallery to get you thinking ,too. Don't hesitate to post some of your turnings. We're nosy, we want to know what your up to. Seriously, we interested in what your doing so don't be shy. Hey do you happen in the smae club there as Bihn Pho? If your not in the club you should join. It's a great way to learn. Have fun and enjoy the site.

IP Logged

texascop47
WR Addict

What happened to that
web page?

Reply #83 - Aug 23rd, 2005 at 4:35am

Welcome Chris glad to have you join in.  If you have any questions just ask someone should know or be able to direct you to the answer.  Did I read right that you are able to turn at work.  I spend so much time there I wish I could take a mini to work and get in a few hours turning.  Enjoy this forum it is the greatest.

keep the bevel rubbing
eeg520  
IP Logged

Rick in Lincoln
WR Addict

keep on turnin'

Reply #84 - Aug 23rd, 2005 at 7:16am

Nice to have you here, Chris.  I'd sure like to be able to turn at my workplace, but I'd never pass the physical at yours  Cheesy, so good for you.

A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Chris Wright
WR Addict

Woodturners: 21st century
Druids

Los Angeles, CA, California, USA
Los Angeles, CA
California
USA

Reply #85 - Aug 23rd, 2005 at 2:16pm

Hi Chris, Welcome to WR.  So how long have you been turning and what is your area of interest so far?  If you haven't already found it, we have a good selection of projects and techniques on the site to get the juices flowing and I think someone mentioned the photo gallery.  If you have a chance, drop a photo in and let us see where you're at.  Must be nice to be able to turn at work, although, I'd have a hard time responding to the fire bell if I were in the middle of a turning!  Wink

Chris Wright
WR Manager

Three Mutts Customs
Custom Leather, Wood & Metal gear
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing"
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #86 - Aug 24th, 2005 at 1:40am

I guess as a firefighter you spend a lot of long days at the station house?  In your case the midi lathes are perfect.  I am with everyone else here and hope to hear more from you and see some of your work.  The group here is the best of the bunch as far as I am concerned and we can always use more.  Lets see now, we have a policeman, a fireman, a doctor, an engineer, a postal worker, and a minister, any astronauts out there?  Wink.  

All kidding aside Chris welcome to the site and hope you enjoy participating.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2005 at 6:06am by Philip Peak »  

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Rick in Lincoln
WR Addict

keep on turnin'

Reply #87 - Aug 24th, 2005 at 5:25am

Quote:
....any astronuats out there?  Wink.  

I don't know, Phil, quite a few of us have been accused of being 'way out there', does that count?  ???

/sorry couldn't stop myself  Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2005 at 6:22am by Rick in Lincoln »  

A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

IP Logged

stitchin_girl
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Aug 24th, 2005 at 6:10am

I don't think being "way out there" counts.  You all have to be a little bit mentally disturbed to pick up ugly pieces of wood and somehow see something in it and turn it into art.  Must be that the creative gene and the crazy gene are linked somehow.

But add me to the list honey, I'm a teacher!   Grin  That counts for something!

IP Logged

E. Bud Gillaspie
WR Addict

Where'd I put that round
tuit?

Reply #89 - Aug 24th, 2005 at 3:12pm

Jeanne you didn't do too badly w/"an ugly piece of wood" your first time out. Perhaps the "black box Guru" taught the teacher this time.

You keep us in "stitches" and your place in this august group will be "sewn" up. Roll Eyes

E. Bud Gillaspie Umpqua Turning Club

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 28
Send Topic Print