Send Topic Print
Thanks all!!! (Read 790 times)

Jeff Matter

I got a new lathe for
my wife!! Good trade
eh?

Thanks all!!!
Aug 23rd, 2005 at 3:48pm

Well............. Thank you all..........very much for your compliments..........Im am quite overwhelmed by the responses I have been given.
   I first saw stuff about segmented turning about 4 or 5 months ago, and said " That looks kinda neat...........mebbe I should give that a try!!"  I read up on it an saw techniques and such and decided to try it out.For the past 3 months  Ive been turning and being actually dissapointed in my finished results (my wife says Im a perfectionist to the point of being an a--hole)    
    You all dont see the "bad side" of my work in the pics!!  Hehehe I have parts that dont line up, gouges and tool marks............I just dont take
pictures of them!!!
    I will be more than glad to share any ideas and techniques with anyone. I still have trouble believing that I would really have anything to offer............being so new into the "vortex"
   Boots,  Thank you very much for your comments......I'm flabergasted!!!
  Chris,   Thank you too!!! any compliments from master or veteran turners ,like most folks here, is greatly appreciated .  As far as the silverey look Chris,which peice where you seeing it in?? or was it all of them?,,, I dunno   mebbe  just that flash....  I have tryied a few finished but at the moment I like Lacquer......you can screw up.....sand it off and try again..............then I use............dont laugh..........turle wax polishing compound while its still mounted. (slow speed Ive quickly learned....High speed  heat lacquer...not good!!)  Its all I had at  the time and I was impatient to see the finished product. After figgerin out that it works great with wet  paper towels for application   and dry  for buffing off. I found final polishing should be done by hand  to remove any marks left from polishing done when turning.
Well  enough said, and thank you all again very much,,,, to tell you the truth,  I was very apprehensive about posting any pics, but you guys have made me feel very proud of what Ive done Thank you all

IP Logged

E. Bud Gillaspie
WR Addict

Where'd I put that round
tuit?

Re: Thanks all!!!
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2005 at 6:44pm

You're more than welcome, lad. It's a pleasure to see well-designed & well-turned pieces be they yours or another's.

E. Bud Gillaspie Umpqua Turning Club

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print