Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Katrina Relief Effort (Read 1,050 times)

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Katrina Relief Effort
Sep 4th, 2005 at 1:14pm

Just wanted to let you all know that after getting permision from Chris I posted a bowl in the sale and swap section (click the lind below) that is up for auction.  Use the board to place your bids.  You will see the description in the pic, but disregard the asking price. 

As most of you know, I am heading up a relief effort in Grand Bay, AL.  This is a first effort and I am sure that as time goes along we will be going back several more times.  I understand that there are many efforts being made.  The one thing that I can tell you is that 100% of any monies I collect for this effort will get to the intended people to relieve some of their suffering. 

Remember, you're not bidding on the bowl itself, you're donating to a great cause.  Let's raise lots of money and show how generous we are.   8)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Tom Stover

Shepherdsville, Ky, Kentucky, USA
Shepherdsville, Ky
Kentucky
USA

Re: Katrina Relief Effort
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 1:24pm

Are you going down with the guys in the yellow shirts? After the tornado hit here in Bullitt Co. I helped them for about a week. I believe the shirts had K.B.C. on them.

Joseph T.(Tom) Stover

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 5:33pm

No, I don't have one of them yeller shirts yet.  Haven't been through the training.  It is on my "One of them days" list.  No, I'm going on my own with a bunch of folks from Breckinridge County.  Another pastor up the road is from that area and the two of us have put the trip together.  We got a final total on our contributions for 4 days of work, $11,477.  Not bad for a bunch of country bumpkins.   8)

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
IP Logged

texascop47
WR Addict

What happened to that
web page?

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2005 at 4:37am

Way to go Rev.  I have been talking to some of the people we took in here and it will tug at your heart strings.  It is beyond anything I have experenced before.  Everyone that can needs to get involved.

keep the bevel rubbing
eeg520  
IP Logged

Ned A from South GA
WR Addict

Formerly Nappen who said...Sleep
is for wimps

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2005 at 9:50am

I'm very excited, I just in the last 5 minutes, found one of my closest friends and her family. They are safe and sound. I only spoke to her for a minute, but will talk again tonight and see if they need a place to stay etc.

I'm not addicted to coffee, it just keeps the headaches away.

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 9:53am

Just removed my piece that I had up for auction.  No one bid on it.  A couple of the guys thought that a raffle might be a better way to go with it.  As soon as I get things together I will offer it again as a raffle.

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print