Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

250 members!
Sep 25th, 2005 at 7:30pm

Don't know if anyone else noticed or not, but JP is member #250.  Seems like just a couple of weeks ago we were commenting that # 200 was just around the corner.  Now we are up to 250 members.  Where will the fun end?  Can we get to 1000?  1500?  Only time will tell.  Keep finding and inviting new members.   8)

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Re: 250 members!
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2005 at 7:37pm

I mentioned the site to several people at the AZ Woodturner Assoc yesterday.  I was visiting, and decided to join.  I have also joined AAW.  None of the ones I spoke to admitted to knowing of us.  Maybe some of them will show up. Grin

JimQ

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2005 at 7:57pm

It's great to have that many members, now if we coudl get them all to participate that wodul be awesome.  IF you look above just below the logo there are links to home, help, search, members, profile,notification and logout.  click on members and you will see a list of all registered members by screen name and how many times that member has posted.  You will be amazed at how few actually post or comment.  All that possible knowledge not being passed along, it is a shame.

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Ned A from South GA
WR Addict

Formerly Nappen who said...Sleep
is for wimps

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2005 at 3:30am

Good to see the family growing, whether lurking or not. I would love to see more involvment, too, and it will come.

I'm not addicted to coffee, it just keeps the headaches away.

IP Logged

E. Bud Gillaspie
WR Addict

Where'd I put that round
tuit?

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2005 at 9:23am

I also noticed the 250th member. However, I've also noticed that only about 20 members contribute to the various threads. I'm sure that there are other members out there who could contribute to the WR knowledge base.

On the other hand, perhaps it's a good thing that this form is as it is. WR is more as a group of e-friends all of whom happen to turn wood than just a group of wood turners. How say ye?

E. Bud Gillaspie Umpqua Turning Club

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2005 at 9:43am

We are seeing the phenom' that seems to take place on most boards known as "Lurkeritis."  Don't believe that there is a cure for it.  The primary symptom is that only about 10%, maybe a bit less, do all the talking and the balance lurks about collecting information from the rest. 

On the other hand, I believe there is a cure.  If you who lurk would take the time to introduce yourselves in the "Welcome" thread, I believe that you would find it not only painless, but fun as well.  As everyone knows, we like to tease a bit, but it's all in good fun.  All questions are answered, sometimes seriously.  We do try to give good advice, but it is, after all, worth what you are paying for it.  However, who knows, sometimes we find a right answer and from time to time a real expert will chime in with an answer or suggestion.

Come on folks, let us prove to you that we like you.   8)

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Chris Wright
WR Addict

Woodturners: 21st century
Druids

Los Angeles, CA, California, USA
Los Angeles, CA
California
USA

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2005 at 10:57pm

No worries guys & gals, "if you build it they will come"...things are brewing and WR is in the process of changing (design and more info) should be fun and we should see some fun growth.

Three Mutts Customs
Custom Leather, Wood & Metal gear
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing"
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print