Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nova 1500 Lathe info (Read 1,377 times)

Portugee
Ex Member

Nova 1500 Lathe info
Oct 1st, 2005 at 11:17am

Hi everyone

I have the chance to purchase a Nova 1500 lathe but know nothing about this machine, as I'm more of a woodbutcher than worker or turner but am very interested in learning I wonder if the many knowledgeable members of this forum could help me out with any info that you might have. Can it be updated and so forth...

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Sergio

"portugee" woodworker wannabe in Orlando Fl.

IP Logged

Gil Jones
Ex Member

Re: Nova 1500 Lathe info
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2005 at 11:55am

Welcome aboard, Sergio! This is a pretty friendly and smart group of turners. I do not know anything about the Nova 1500 lathe, but I would bet that someone here will jump in and help you.

IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #2 - Oct 1st, 2005 at 12:38pm

Welcome Aboard!  Like Gil says someone will come up with the info on the Nova.  And you are likely to hear from someone in your area who might just offer to mentor you into the addiction called "Turning."

JimQ

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2005 at 1:48pm

Isn't SkyJ from Orlando?  Sorry I can't help either with the Nova 1500 lathe.  Nova products usually are pretty good so I would tend to believe that the lathe wodul not be too bad.  Have you tried a google search on it and see if it is written up anywhere?

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

E. Bud Gillaspie
WR Addict

Where'd I put that round
tuit?

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2005 at 2:27pm

Sergio, try Tim Geist of T. V. Geist Mfg. His company is the Nova repair rep. for the U.S. He's in Parkersburg, WV.  He'll be able to help you. 304.295.8166

E. Bud Gillaspie Umpqua Turning Club

IP Logged

Rick in Lincoln
WR Addict

keep on turnin'

Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2005 at 3:31pm

Sergio, first off welcome to the forum.

I did a quick google search on "Nova 1500" +"wood lathe" and you're in luck.  One of the best bowl turners around, who happens to have one of the best turning dvd's around, started out on a Nova 1500. 

Bill Grumbine wrote a post over at the AAW forum about getting started, and the Nova was his first lathe.  I am sure that if you were to drop him a line, he'd be more than happy to answer any question you might have.  Bill is one of the friendliest guys around, and I've seen him offer his help to other turners more times than I can remember.

His web site is at Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register or you can email him at ultradad@enter.net

Let us know what he says and if you decide to get the lathe.

A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

IP Logged

Bob
WR Noob

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 4:34pm

I ama very amature turner, and have only seed the Nova in a demo  and it was very smooth compared to my Delta........wish I had one.....Bob

IP Logged

Jeff Matter

I got a new lathe for
my wife!! Good trade
eh?

Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2005 at 1:40am

Welcome aboard Portugee!! Nice to know there is more than one turner in Orlando!!
Cant help ya much with the Nova. I sent ya a message tho. Call if ya wanna get together and talk turnin.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print