Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Turning 2005 (Read 981 times)

Keith_Bundy

Ky. turner

Turning 2005
Oct 18th, 2005 at 2:48am

Well, Thursday morning it's off to Turning 2005, the symposium my club is putting on. I'll be gone through Sunday. Hopefully things will settle down after the symposium and I'll be able to participate a little more here. If your not going to be there this year, think about 2007, that's the next one.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Re: Turning 2005
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2005 at 4:40am

Keith will this symposium be starting on Thursday?  if so, where?  I might try to come on Thursday if I can.

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Keith_Bundy

Ky. turner

Reply #2 - Oct 18th, 2005 at 6:31am

It starts Thursday for me. I'm a co-leader for set up and tear down. I get to spend the day making sure everything is there and in the right place and ready to go. Attendees will start showing up Thursday night but nothing actually happens until Friday. Registration for the symposium closed weeks ago. We can only handle so many and I beleive the cut off was in the vicinity of 300. We had to turn people away. We are limited because the symposium is held in a self contained venue and the dining hall is only so big. Watch the OVWG website (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register; for when the next one will be. Should be Oct. of 2007. Register early.

IP Logged

E. Bud Gillaspie
WR Addict

Where'd I put that round
tuit?

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2005 at 9:13am

Keith, I checked your club's web site and saw that the club will be having a demo. by Christian Burchard. He puts on a very interesting demo. You'll come away completely warpped. Grin

E. Bud Gillaspie Umpqua Turning Club

IP Logged

Keith_Bundy

Ky. turner

Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 6:45pm

Hey I'm back from the symposium. Long, very inspiring, very tiring weekend. In bed late and out of bed early. I didn't get to take pictures but check my club website,  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register;  Some good pics there. I highly encourage everyone to check out a Jimmy Clewes demo if the chance arises. He's a fantastic turner and fun to watch. He's also a very genuine and down to earth kind of guy.

Bud - I didn't see your post until now. Christian did our symposium several years ago and yes he is a very good demonstrator. I'm looking forward to see him again. There is a hands on class with him the day after the club demo. Unfortunately, I was unable to sign up before it was full. I'll have to make due with the demo.

IP Logged

Gil Jones
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 8:08pm

Great bunch of pictures, Keith, thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print