Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
a whole day of (Read 2,073 times)

junior
Ex Member

Re: a whole day of
Reply #15 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 5:10pm

that was part of the problem. my set didnt come with a parting tool.

i got 5 pieces.

3/8 spindle gouge.
3/8 bowl gouge.
3/4 (i think) roughing gouge.
1/2 scraper
1/2 skew

i know which is which on the gouges, but the other two i dont know. one of the two is thick. 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch. the end was beveled, and rounded. the other tool is much thinner, and beveled on both sides, and the edge is at an angle, the thickness reminds me of a really cheap butter knife handle, being that it is smooth, and rounded on the edges, as opposed to the edges being perfect 90 degrees or whatever... does that make sense?

anyway, i turned the thicker tool into a parting tool. i fashioned it to the one i saw the guy using atthe demo i saw, and on my video. it is a wonder tool!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Negeltu

Re: a whole day of
Reply #16 - Oct 25th, 2005 at 5:49pm

Quote:
that was part of the problem. my set didnt come with a parting tool.

i got 5 pieces.

3/8 spindle gouge.
3/8 bowl gouge.
3/4 (i think) roughing gouge.
1/2 scraper
1/2 skew

i know which is which on the gouges, but the other two i dont know. one of the two is thick. 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch. the end was beveled, and rounded. the other tool is much thinner, and beveled on both sides, and the edge is at an angle, the thickness reminds me of a really cheap butter knife handle, being that it is smooth, and rounded on the edges, as opposed to the edges being perfect 90 degrees or whatever... does that make sense?

anyway, i turned the thicker tool into a parting tool. i fashioned it to the one i saw the guy using atthe demo i saw, and on my video. it is a wonder tool!!!!!!!

The round one WAS your round nose scraper...hehe.  It comes in very handy when trying to get a good inside profile on bowls and boxes...  Undecided  The one with the angled edge is your Skew chisel (The edge is SKEWed)  Smiley

Ezridaeus  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print