Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Everyone OK? (Read 2,887 times)

Curt Fuller
WR Addict

Everyone OK?
Nov 6th, 2005 at 8:38am

Just read the news of some vicious tornadoes in the Kentucky and Indiana area. I know many of you guys live around there. Hope all is well for all of you and your friends and families.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Keith_Bundy

Ky. turner

Re: Everyone OK?
Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 11:52am

From what I've heard everything was west and south of me. We had hard rain and thunderstorms early this morning, but, it got sunny for a while and now it is overcast and sprinkling.

IP Logged

Ned A from South GA
WR Addict

Formerly Nappen who said...Sleep
is for wimps

Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 1:00pm

Hope all is well with everyone, news did not look good.

I'm not addicted to coffee, it just keeps the headaches away.

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #3 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 2:54pm

Nothing but a bit of wind here.  From what I saw on the news, hardest hit was Evansville, IN.  That is on the north side of the river and an hour west of me.  If I remember right, Phil has family in that area.  I hope they're doing well.   At the same time, Phil, I do have a good sharp chain saw.  If there is a way I can help cut those bad boys just let me know.  8)

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #4 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 4:02pm

Hey Rev, I was wondering if you and Phil were going to grab your saws and trailer and go help. Wink

JimQ

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #5 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 8:35pm

Haven't heard anything from Phil yet.  Waiting to hear from my state convention office to see if there is anything we are doing officially.  If I don't hear anything by tomorrow night, I'll start making phone calls to churches in that area to see if there is anything (read trees to be cut) I can do as an individual.

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 10:12pm

Sorry Guys for taking so long to respond as far as I know here is the scoop.  From what my wife tells me, if the tornado had been a couple of blocks further north and still traveling in the same direction,  my mom and dad house along with two of my sisters houses would have been hit.  It just so happens that Jeanne and the kids were in Evansville staying at my mom and dads for the weekend  Undecided.  The story is the tornado was a jumper and that it skipped a southwest to northeast path from the south part of Evansville to the north part of Newburgh Indiana, (I also have a brother who lives about three blocks north of my parents).  I could not go there this weekend because I could not get off work. 
   The reason for Jeanne's visit was an annual family reunion as prelude to the annual MS walk that My family is big into since I had an aunt that died from complications of that disease and now have a cousin that has been diagnosed with it. 
  Anyway,  all my family is safe, although my sister who lives is Newburgh cannot get out of her neighborhood and supposedly a state of emergency exsists in Newburgh.  I have not heard if there is one in Evansville yet.  I will be going there for Thanksgiving and it looks like this year we will have a lot to be thankful for and thanks all for your concern.  As for my house here in southest Indiana, all I can say is you cannot tell that two days ago I had all my leaves picked up and all the trees are a lot barer than they were two days ago.  but it must not have been too bad since they are not totally bare.  I was watching the storm move in fro one of the loading docks here in the Louisville Post office and and it was real calm for a while a brief really really heavy down pour and about 15 sec later calm and quiet again.  Nothing really developed as far as I know.  During the night on one fo the news stations they were rporting a circulation on dopler radar in North Oldham county (next county Northeast of Louisville but no reports of anything actually on the ground.  That is all as far as I know,  I will keep you advised as I hear things.

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 10:22pm

Really glad to hear that the family is fine, I vaguely remember you saying something about having family there.  Tornados travel in wierd ways.  And they are attracted to trailer parks.

JimQ

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2005 at 11:49pm

Here is a link to a picture gallery from one of the local TV stations in Evansville and the damage caused by the storm.  The trailer park in question is with 1 mile of my parents house and one of my sister's house.  My other sister lives in Newburg IN real close to where the Damage to that city is.  One of the pics in this gallery is a graphic showing the tornados path.  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Nov 6th, 2005 at 11:49pm by Philip Peak »  

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Ned A from South GA
WR Addict

Formerly Nappen who said...Sleep
is for wimps

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 3:57am

Glad to hear you and yours are okay. Sorry for all those who are not.

I'm not addicted to coffee, it just keeps the headaches away.

IP Logged

Jimmy Cusic

Just a bit,  a skew!!

Garland Tx, Texas, USA
Garland Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 5:15am

Wow philip... Glad your kin folk are ok.  Make you realize how you life can change in a blink of an eye. ThanksGiving will have a special meaning his year....  Smiley

IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 12:10pm

WOW!  Some of those pictures really make you think.

JimQ

IP Logged

Glenn
WR Addict

Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 3:34pm

Philip, I'm releived to hear Jeanne and the kids are fine.  I thought of you and your family as soon as I heard the news about the tornados.  I was somewhat releived to see that tornados were not in your area.  Still, our prayers are with those that lost family.

Glenn

IP Logged

kidcolombia

Preferiria  estar torneando!!

Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2005 at 4:47pm

Philip, Of course I had no idea what was going on up there, but I am glad to hear that Jeanne and the children as well as your parents and all are OK.  Fond regards to all of them.

Jim

JIM

IP Logged

billtr96sn

Keep on the lathe !!!!!!

Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2005 at 5:46am

HiY'all Glad to hear you are all OK, but one Question that keps getting asked here in the UK is "why do peoplelive in 'Tornado Alley' and the Hurricane areas?" Is property very cheap or is it a realy nice place to live apart from mother nature? because it seems mighty strange otherwise. Mind you this is written from the relatively mild South West of England.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print