Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Headed for Oklahoma
Nov 12th, 2005 at 7:58am

Once again the US Postal Service has decided I need to be trained and is sending me to Norman, Oklahoma on the 28th of this month for three weeks.  I have already contacted Junior and am gonna be getting together with him.  What I woudl like to do is get together with all you Dallas area turners on a Saturday or Sunday for lunch or whatever if we can all manage to agree on a time.
   I know Texascop47 works most weekends ut has mentioned he could get away for lunch for while, if I am not mistaken tha would leave jimmyC and tejaswood.  If one of you guys could pick a day and on either of the first two weekends in December and a place (I would greatly prefer to stay north of the of that great big pain of a highway that loops around Dallas Ft. worth, not sure of the number) just off the I-35.  Just give me a time, date, location (ie exit number off I-35) and the name of the place.  Who knows maybe Junior will want
to join me. 

TC
  I still have a bunch of Bradford Pear for you from Gil in GA that he gave me in March or April this year.  I look forward to seeing yo all later this month (actually early next month).

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Re: Headed for Oklahoma
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 8:05am

You just can't contest the Powers That Be when they send you to visit friends.

JimQ

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

texascop47
WR Addict

What happened to that
web page?

Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 2:19pm

That sounds great Philip.  I can meet up with you just about any day on the weekends.  I will let Jim decide the day.  It needs to be in the evenings now as I am working 2:30 pm to 12:30 am.   We can have supper together.  I am sure we can find some place north of 635
maybe in the Carrollton/ Farmers Branch area if that is OK.

keep the bevel rubbing
eeg520  
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 10:47pm

Works for me TC, Look forward to seeing you again.  JimmyC and Tejaswood how about it?

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Jimmy Cusic

Just a bit,  a skew!!

Garland Tx, Texas, USA
Garland Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 3:33pm

Cool that would be great!!!  Let me check and see whats going on. Christmas time gets busy. I think Friday the 2nd I have two Xmas parties to go to..  (Both on the same night ..how can that happen ???)..  Possible meeting places that might be fun would be "Curly Woods" up in McKinney  or there is some "wood place" off of 380 up by Denton somewhere.  I'll get detail...
Then there is a "Wood Show" the next weekend 9,10,11 in the mid-cities.

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2005 at 10:26pm

WHatever and when ever but really need to keep it on a Saturday or Sunday.  Weekends dates involved are 3rd & 4th and 10th and 11th.  Meeting for lunch and then attending a woodworking show sounds real interesting.

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #6 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 10:41am

After looking things over, I think it would be fun to attend the wood show on the 10th of Dec.  I am assuming you guys down in that area will know where it is at.
     I propose this, Not being sure what time it starts, I suggest we meet for breakfast (or Brunch if you will) around 9:00 AM at a place of your choosing.  Since you all would know the area better than me you pick the spot.  After eating we can head for the wood show and later we can meet TC for supper somewhere maybe close by where the wood show is.
     I have some friends over in Rowlett TX I want to go see so I can head over there after supper.  If this is alright with you all, TC and JimmyC and anyone else who is in that area and wants to get together, all we need is a place. 
    Let me know, it also would be a good idea if we all swapped cell phone numbers so we can reach each other if there is a problem.  We can do that by email or private message.

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #7 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 1:43pm

Okay TC, JimmyC
And all you other Texas members.  I am in Norman Oklahoma now and Hope to see you Texans next weekend (Dec 10th).  As for the Oklahoma member Junior), Still need to hear from you too.

PhilipE

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Gil Jones
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 28th, 2005 at 6:21pm

Junior is too busy turnin' and learnin'.

IP Logged

Ned A from South GA
WR Addict

Formerly Nappen who said...Sleep
is for wimps

Reply #9 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 12:01pm

Gil, how 'come no one ever comes to our part of Georgia?

I'm not addicted to coffee, it just keeps the headaches away.

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #10 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 12:14pm

Scared of swamp rats and gators.   8)

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #11 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 1:09pm

I came to visit but then it was better than being at my mother in-laws in FL. Roll Eyes Wink
 I am beginning to think that these guys here in Oklahoma and them in Texas are trying to tell me something by not telling me anything?   Undecided ???
Junior Check your private messages

« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2005 at 1:10pm by Philip Peak »  

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Gil Jones
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 1:19pm

Ned, I think they cannot read a map.

IP Logged

Jimmy Cusic

Just a bit,  a skew!!

Garland Tx, Texas, USA
Garland Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #13 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 4:51pm

Philip  TC...  You got Mail .... Cheesy

jc

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #14 - Nov 30th, 2005 at 9:43am

Jimmy C
  Got your email and will respond when I have a bit more time than I do right now.

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

junior
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2005 at 3:36pm

HEY GUYS>>> WAIT UP FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, things around here have been CRAZY!!

I have finally got everything settled down, and now i can play!!!

I would LOVE to tag along to that show with you guys!!!!!!!
I can even drive if needed...

anyway, let me know fellas!!! i would love to tag along, but be warned, i still have alot of questions, and if i go to a show, it will probably spawn even more questions!!!

IP Logged

Jimmy Cusic

Just a bit,  a skew!!

Garland Tx, Texas, USA
Garland Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #16 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 3:32pm

Here's a link to the WoodWorking show.  As you can see it covers everything.  The 4 turning clubs are running a wood turning  booth.  Talk to you both next week. Philip has my number...  Still haven't heard from TC.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #17 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 7:30pm

Yep that be the one.  Junior, use the link Jimmy just posted and in the upper right corner of the page you will see a tab for savings and coupons if you click on it you will see where you can click on admission.  I believe this will get you a discount coupon.

Jimmy, have you found a place to meet for breakfast?
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2005 at 7:32pm by Philip Peak »  

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

junior
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 7:44pm

Yeah!!!! i am gonna print me up a cupon if i can get my printer to work... if not, no worries, it's just a dollar off looks like.

i need to go to this thing bad!!! maybe i can get the parts for my tailstock i now need... Sorry Phil,, You drove all the way out here just to help me fix my tailstock...

IP Logged

junior
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 7:47pm

and maybe a few new goodies!!!

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #20 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 8:10pm

I enjoyed the visit Junior and I look forward to visiting again Sunday and I hope to have your tools sharpened by then.

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Jimmy Cusic

Just a bit,  a skew!!

Garland Tx, Texas, USA
Garland Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #21 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 2:30pm

Ok here we go;  IHOP at LBJ Freeway (635) and Josey. Below is a map if that helps.
Take 35 south out of OK city. When you come to Denton Tx. take 35 East. (35 west will put you in Ft.Worth). Come on down to dallas (maybe 20-30 miles) and take the East bound 635 exit. This will put you in the left most lane on 635. You will need to move over to the right most lane as quick as you can to take the Josey exit. If you miss it (no big deal) take Web Chapel (next) exit and just circle around the block. IHOP is the south side of 635 & Josey. 

Meeting on Saturday right??  Time??
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #22 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 3:48pm

Sounds good, wish I were going to be there.

JimQ

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

texascop47
WR Addict

What happened to that
web page?

Reply #23 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 5:20pm

Sorry for not responding but I haven't been able to even open an email in the past week.  What time is it we are suppose to meet on Saturday.  I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

keep the bevel rubbing
eeg520  
IP Logged

junior
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 5:37pm

If i left from here at 5 a.m. it would put me there about 9 or 9:30. I will probably go ahead and drive myself that way Phil can go visit his friends in Texas afterwards if he wishes, plus i might need the space in my truck bed to haul my goodies home!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Gil Jones
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 7:27pm

How about brunch at the Cracker Barrel on I-75, at the Valdosta, GA exit?

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #26 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 7:39pm

Jimmy
  I think this is great.  I originally said 9:00 AM but I am thinking we ought to go with 10:00 AM.  I know the show starts at 10:00 AM but I don't think we will miss much if we meet at the IHOP at 10 have breakfast and get to the show after breakfast.  I like your idea of us all carpooling, it will save on parking fees.  but I wonder about parking in IHOP's lot all day.  If you all want to stay with 9:00 AM at IHOP that will be okay with me. 
  TC,
   If you can't join us for breakfast, my originally called for us meeting for supper later that afternoon.  We could call you on your cell phone when we are ready to eat supper.

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #27 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 7:46pm

I just checked the schedule of the clinics and demos based on the schedule I think we should stick with a 9:00AM meeting at that IHOP.  The first turning seminar is at 11:00 AM and I think it will be the best one.  I am so looking forward to it.

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #28 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 8:42pm

Phil, I'm having a hard time believing that you are in training.  You are still on the board more than I am.  I think you actually have more vacation time than you are telling your sweetie and taking it to be with the guys out there.   Grin

8)

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
IP Logged

junior
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 10:56pm

9 sounds good to me!! i don't want to miss any of the good stuff

IP Logged

Jimmy Cusic

Just a bit,  a skew!!

Garland Tx, Texas, USA
Garland Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #30 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 5:59pm

Ok  Saturday 9:00.  The IHOP is about 30 minutes away from from the show. Leaving a car at the IHOP sould be fine.  TC if you have any other suggestions speak up, you can  pm or email me if you want to hook up on the way to the IHOP, or if you want to meet us later...

Come on Rev, There's plenty of room.  Just take I 30 west, Ya can miss Texas   Grin Grin

jimmy c.

IP Logged

texascop47
WR Addict

What happened to that
web page?

Reply #31 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 6:15pm

I will try if everything works out to be there around 9 am.  I will have to leave after breakfast to go into work and get ready.  But I will be able after everyone finishes to go eat supper.  Just call me on my cell I think Philip and Jimmy both have it.  I will be looking forward to seeing everyone.   Now back to work.

keep the bevel rubbing
eeg520  
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #32 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 7:10pm

Actually TC I don't have your cell phone number anymore so could you Private message it to me?

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #33 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 7:16pm

Alright 9:00 AM Saturday morning Dec 10.  I am so looking forward to this. 
   I think Rev would have to go down I-65 to 40 and take that to Little Rock Arkansas where he can then get I-30.  Somehow I am not expecting him to show up at IHOP on Saturday.  Besides, we have the chance to go to this same show in Indianapolis in January.

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #34 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 8:16pm

Getting there would be no problem, it's the drive home that would get me.   8)

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
IP Logged

junior
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 8:49pm

well guys, i have bad news, and good news all wrapped in one.

the bad news is i can't make it to the show, or breakfast Saturday. I have work related things to do.

the good news is, i have the opportunity to make alot of money between now and Christmas, so i have to take full advantage. I was gonna buy some tools at the show, for my new found love, but now i have to buy more tools for work.

So while you guys are eating, and looking at cool new wood turning tools and such, i will be hunting for the perfect Ceramic tile saw.

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #36 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 12:44pm

Sorry to hear that Junior.  Sure gonna be fun.  Well Jimmy and TC I guess it is back to just us again.  I will see you Saturday 9:00 AM at IHOP.

OH and Junior, you can still get tools like bandsaws and drill presses locally.  Maybe if it warms up a bit next week I can come back out and figure out how to get you doing a bowl.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2005 at 12:46pm by Philip Peak »  

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

junior
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 3:26pm

im already all over it boss!! i made a little plate the other night. i was gonna make a bowl, but by the time i got it round, it was a plate. it warped somethin fierce!!

a good friend of mine has an old industrial size bandsaw i get to use!!

IP Logged

Jimmy Cusic

Just a bit,  a skew!!

Garland Tx, Texas, USA
Garland Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #38 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 7:29pm

Well  Philip  I hope you brought your long-johns.  They say it's gonia get COLD....  Weather men are talking about freezing rain and sleet.  We'll see what happend.  They tend to over react Roll Eyes.

Sorry junior, was hoping to to meet ya.  Maybe next time.

TC I PM'ed with my cell number.

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #39 - Dec 6th, 2005 at 7:43pm

JimmyC
  How about sending it to me so I can reach you if there is a problem with me getting down there.
  I brought a nice heavy wool coat on this trip cause I know how Oklahoma can get in winter

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Jimmy Cusic

Just a bit,  a skew!!

Garland Tx, Texas, USA
Garland Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #40 - Dec 7th, 2005 at 8:37am

Philip:   You've been PM'ed   Shocked    Grin

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #41 - Dec 7th, 2005 at 8:33pm

stnick
  You have mail.  Actually a private message.

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

texascop47
WR Addict

What happened to that
web page?

Reply #42 - Dec 7th, 2005 at 8:38pm

I was so looking forward to meeting Junior.  Sorry you couldn't come but I do understand about work. 

I am looking forward to eating with Philip and Jimmy. 

It looks like I can't make the wood show but a good meal and good friends mean a lot.

keep the bevel rubbing
eeg520  
IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

.Re: Headed for Oklahoma
Reply #43 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 3:12pm

Well TC, JimmyC
  Tomorrow's the big day.  I hope the streets down there have been fairly well cleared off by then.  Far as I know there hasn't been anymore weather since the other day.  I am so looking forward to meeting you Jimmy C and seeing you again TC.  See ya then

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

texascop47
WR Addict

What happened to that
web page?

Reply #44 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 4:56pm

Philip the roads down here are in good shape now.  It is just the traffic that is bad.  Everyone wants to get out and go somewhere right now.  I will be there in the morning.

keep the bevel rubbing
eeg520  
IP Logged

Jimmy Cusic

Just a bit,  a skew!!

Garland Tx, Texas, USA
Garland Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #45 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 6:34pm

See ya in the morning guys  IHOP 9:00.

IP Logged

Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Reply #46 - Dec 18th, 2005 at 11:43am

Well Gang, I made it home finally. Actually got home at 04:30 Saturday Morning.  I had a good time but it is good to be home.  JimmyC and Junior it was a pleasure meeting you and Junior I hope I was able to help you out a little bit, good luck to you.  TC it was great seeing you again and I hope that if I end up back out there again we will be able to once again get together.

WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

texascop47
WR Addict

What happened to that
web page?

Reply #47 - Dec 18th, 2005 at 3:46pm

It is always nice to see your smiling face Philip.  So just come out anytime and we will do it again.  Maybe you can drag Rev down with you.

keep the bevel rubbing
eeg520  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print