Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
B - C A finish (Read 2,157 times)

Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

B - C A finish
Sep 24th, 2007 at 11:57am

Hope that this is ok place to post a question. I have read a lot about CA finishing on several threads and tried to find it in the Tutorials and get a 405 error  message.
How and what kind of CA do you use to finish something or where can I go on the inter net to find out.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2007 at 9:20am by DerekJeffries »  

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY, WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING
WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Re: C A finish
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2007 at 12:18pm

I use med CA

About half way down the page you'll find some info
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Chris Wright
WR Addict

Woodturners: 21st century
Druids

Los Angeles, CA, California, USA
Los Angeles, CA
California
USA

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2007 at 12:27pm

Hey Bubba, the error you got it simply due to the link change overs to the new home...should be completed this week.  In the meantime, here is the current link to the CA Finish article:

Three Mutts Customs
Custom Leather, Wood & Metal gear

"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing"
IP Logged

Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2007 at 2:01pm

Thanks to both I know that I can depend on everyone here to be a great help to the noobs  Smiley

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY, WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING
WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Toni Parker

My heart skips a beat
for My God, my kids and
wood

Re: B - C A finish
Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 9:05am

Bubba, If you have difficulties with those eliminate the BLO that what I did made big difference to my finishes. Also another tip i have learnt with my pens is if you have done segmenting of a pen and you do not want the colour of the wood to blend seal with a coat of thick Ca than sand through your grits this way white stays white and not take on the bleeds
hope this helps
Toni

My lathe keeps me broke..All good ....so Have a great day!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print