Woodturners: 21st century
Druids

Los Angeles, CA, California, USA
Los Angeles, CA
California
USA

ToT
Mar 13th, 2008 at 11:09am

Hey folks,  just an FYI that I have put TOT on hold for today while I take a bit to review what's going on with it and some concerns that have been voiced regarding content and specific parties.
The aim behind ToT was to give us a forum to have fun and throw out some off-color, LIGHT HEARTED banter that didn't apply to turning.  It was not meant for heavily opinionated tyrades, name calling or public challenges of other members.  And while there has been a pretty open policy on content, a few posts have been over the top, even by my generally accepting standards.

Long story short, give us a day to review a few things & guidelines, talk to a few folks, etc.  Tomorrow will present a change or two hopefully for the better.

Three Mutts Customs
Custom Leather, Wood & Metal gear
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing"
IP Logged

Leo Frilot
WR Addict

When the going gets tough,
get a bigger gouge!!!

Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, USA
Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana
USA

Re: ToT
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 4:52pm

Thanks Chris

Live for today, plan for tomorrow, but have fun regardless!Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW Leo.Frilot  
IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2008 at 6:43pm

Thanks Chris.

Chuck

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Mark Rich

Sawdust Therapy

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 3:57am

Thanks Chris, It is a shame that a few have to
make it so rough for the many.

Mark Rich Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Bob Hamilton
WR Addict

Forest, Ontario, Canada, Ontario, Canada
Forest, Ontario, Canada
Ontario
Canada

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 6:18am

Thanks Chris.

IP Logged

JR Horsley

anything that counts cost

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 12:02pm

guys, sorry for the trouble Cry, if I had known it would blow up like it did I would have never made the post. Embarrassed

If you always do what you've always done, expect to get what you've always got...

IP Logged

Chris Wright
WR Addict

Druids

Los Angeles, CA
California
USA

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 12:16pm

Hey Hoss, no worries it happens with topics like that sometimes.  I definitely wouldn't say it was your fault or the fault of your topic it was simply a matter of how replies to the post were delivered and handled in regards to people's opinions. 

Just like the saying regarding opinions goes, "...everyone has one" As a group we just need to remember that whether right or wrong, each person's feelings/opinion are valid to them.

Three Mutts Customs
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

"Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing"
IP Logged

JR Horsley

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 12:24pm

Chris Wright wrote on Mar 14th, 2008 at 12:16pm:
Just like the saying regarding opinions goes, "...everyone has one" As a group we just need to remember that whether right or wrong, each person's feelings/opinion are valid to them.

people here are opinionated, I don't know about that Roll Eyes but then again that just my opinion Grin

If you always do what you've always done, expect to get what you've always got...

IP Logged

Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

Reply #8 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 5:22pm

Well thanks for putting it back up and I would like to see some of the replies to that thread if they could be PM ed to me please. I thought that for the most part the original was more a joke than anything.

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY, WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING
WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #9 - Mar 14th, 2008 at 5:57pm

JR Horsley wrote on Mar 14th, 2008 at 12:24pm:
Chris Wright wrote on Mar 14th, 2008 at 12:16pm:

people here are opinionated, I don't know about that Roll Eyes but then again that just my opinion Grin

Yeah lets talk about how great, wonderful, fantastic I AM. Kiss Grin

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

JR Horsley

Reply #10 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 8:03am

Tom Davis wrote on Mar 14th, 2008 at 5:22pm:
. I thought that for the most part the original was more a joke than anything.

it was ment that way..

IP Logged

Leo Frilot
WR Addict

get a bigger gouge!!!

Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana
USA

Reply #11 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 5:11pm

Chris, can you change the new post indicator on the TOT board?  When I bring it up it displays a file folder with a trash can icon instead of the check mark.

Live for today, plan for tomorrow, but have fun regardless!Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW Leo.Frilot  
IP Logged

Chris Wright
WR Addict

Druids

Los Angeles, CA
California
USA

Reply #12 - Mar 17th, 2008 at 1:30pm

Bubba - my apologies, ToT was meant to have a "recycle bin" so we could retrieve messages after they were deleted should someone ask but for some reason in the conversion it didn't get reset.  I am unable to retrieve the thread.

Leo - for the reason stated above, the icon changed when I added the recycle bin back on ToT.  I haven't tried to change it in the backend code yet but will see what I can do.  The trash can indicates that thread has a recycle bin for removed messages now.

Three Mutts Customs

IP Logged

Leo Frilot
WR Addict

get a bigger gouge!!!

Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana
USA

Reply #13 - Mar 17th, 2008 at 1:35pm

OK, It's just real nice to see the discolored icon and know that something is new, but I can live without it.

WWW Leo.Frilot  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print