Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
setting up a web site?? (Read 745 times)

Bill Bolen
WR Supporter

Missouri turner

Eureka, Missouri, USA
Eureka
Missouri
USA

setting up a web site??
Jan 10th, 2009 at 2:05pm

Not wanting to hijack Ron's thread but have questions about how to set up a site. If I managed to download the software mentioned in Ron's post and made arrangements with my ISP to use the free web site offered by them how do you go about making it easy for a customer to purchase a pictured item? Does a simple photo gallery support some sort of "buy me" button to get the sale rolling? Sorry but I have zero knowledge of web design but want to sell my stuff. The 2 art shops/galleries that are offering my stuff both went belly-up. Drats! And just as some nice checks started rolling in!...Bill..

2Ljunkie

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Re: setting up a web site??
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 8:54pm

The easiest way to sell from the web site is by email.  Put in a link where they can email you if they are interested in a piece because you are going to have to bring up shipping.

JimQ

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Vaughn McMillan
WR Addict

Does this nose make me
look fat?

Albuquerque, USA
Albuquerque
USA

Re: setting up a web site??
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 10:00pm

Bill, PayPal and Google both offer services that allow you to add Buy Now buttons on your website, and they handle all the credit card and information-gathering chores. I don't know any real details, since I haven't decided which one to use. I also don't have any experience actually adding the button to a page, but you basically add some code that displays the button, and the linking to the proper payment portal is handled automatically.

I'm still trying to decide on what photo gallery software to use. I've found one I like, but I haven't figured out how to add Buy Now buttons to it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print