Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
your photo setup (Read 9,469 times)

Steve Frederick

An idle mind..the best
way to relax..

Re: your photo setup
Reply #15 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 6:58am

I use this Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
I'm still figuring it out. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
I'm experimenting with light/lenses/speed. Trying to get better depth of field.

Blessings, Steve (Rondacker)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #16 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 5:11pm

i want to thank everyone for their responses.  i got several great ideas and am putting them to use. smiley=dankk2.gif smiley=dankk2.gif

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Brendan McAreavy
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Ireland, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland

Reply #17 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 10:54am

Here's my photo set-up.  Please don't be distressed by it's complexity, it's a lot simpler than it looks:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Basically, it's a black t-shirt (River Island, available in Rushmere Shopping Centre, Craigavon) that belonged to my daughter draped over a dining chair (beech, high-back).  The object is supported on an old necklace box (8.5" x 2.5" x 0.75") that is supported by a reclaimed pitch-pine table (6' x 3' x 2'8") and the box is carefully concealed under the t-shirt.  I use a 500g (1.0213 lb) bag of Sainsbury's Paella Rice (I'm sure any rice might do if you can't get Sainsbury's) to support the camera and prevent movement when I press the shutter. (I did use a little tripod but I snapped a leg off it yesterday).  The camera is a Samsung S1030 set to auto-everything. (I couldn't get the camera in the photo because I was using it to take the photo and I know the 'no pic rule')

I don't have a copyright on this set-up so please feel free to use it or any elements you need.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2009 at 11:03am by Brendan McAreavy »  

BMac in a previous incarnation

IP Logged

Ken Ward
Ex Member

I Love WR

Reply #18 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 12:32pm

Ya allways have to make it complicated don'tcha,been lookin at that for an hr an still can't fugure out how you did it  smiley=shake head.gif bang head.Ya got the blue print plans?  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Brendan McAreavy
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Ireland, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland

Reply #19 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 1:55pm

Ken, sorry, I don't have the blueprints any more, they were stolen by someone.  The police reckon it was a professional photographer because they are of little use to anyone else.  However, if you would like to phone me I'm sure I could talk you through it in an hour or two.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2009 at 1:55pm by Brendan McAreavy »  

IP Logged

Ken Ward
Ex Member

I Love WR

Reply #20 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 3:06pm

I have been sayin all along that,Mr Mac is a true man of all heart.I feel for your loss as I am sure you are heartbroken over it  Cry Cry Cry But I will be callin ya shortly,so be sure an wait by the phone  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #21 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 3:37pm

Might be my eyes, but doesn't that shirt look blue?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

JimQ

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Brendan McAreavy
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Ireland, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland

Reply #22 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 3:46pm

Nope, it's black.  And I know that because I'm colourblind so I checked with my wife because I thought it was purple. Grin

I had a look there and it does look like dark blue, I think the flash might have done that.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2009 at 3:48pm by Brendan McAreavy »  

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #23 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 5:24pm

just too hi tech for me, Brendan.  also wouldn't work because LOML buys rice in a box, and when the stepsons fiance lived here, she bleached my black shirt to splotchy gray. Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2009 at 5:25pm by David Hamann »  

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Brendan McAreavy
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Ireland, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland

Reply #24 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 5:41pm

Oh well, maybe some day.  I like to compare my photo set-up to a PM - something for people to aspire to.

IP Logged

Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

Reply #25 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 6:43pm

Brendan McAreavy wrote on Mar 14th, 2009 at 3:46pm:
Nope, it's black.  And I know that because I'm colourblind so I checked with my wife because I thought it was purple. Grin

I had a look there and it does look like dark blue, I think the flash might have done that.

I think that your wife is lying to you Bre sure looks blue to me also.

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY, WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING
WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #26 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 5:17am

Tom,
She's not lying she just has him convinced he's color blind cause he wanted a different colors then she wanted & being a woman (devious) they will find a way to get what they want cause their a lot smarter then we are. Grin

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Vaughn McMillan
WR Addict

Does this nose make me
look fat?

Albuquerque, USA
Albuquerque
USA

Reply #27 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 5:44am

Steve Frederick wrote on Mar 13th, 2009 at 6:58am:
I use this Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
I'm still figuring it out. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
I'm experimenting with light/lenses/speed. Trying to get better depth of field.

Steve, the trick to increasing depth of field is to increase the f-stop (a smaller aperture). This means you also have to increase the exposure, and will very likely need a tripod to keep things steady for the long exposure. I usually have my camera set on aperture priority and let it decide the exposure time itself. When I've got the aperture cranked way down (say around F/25 or so) it's not uncommon for the exposure to be in the 0.5 to 1.25 second range.

IP Logged

Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

Reply #28 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 11:30am

Chuck Beland wrote on Mar 15th, 2009 at 5:17am:
Tom,
She's not lying she just has him convinced he's color blind cause he wanted a different colors then she wanted & being a woman (devious) they will find a way to get what they want cause their a lot smarter then we are. Grin  

Speak for yourself Chuck looks like mine has a DVR on order. Smiley Smiley Smiley After one class.

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY, WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING
WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #29 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 12:07pm

Tom,
your statement makes my point if they like it they'll get it. Since you both like the same hobby now you'll get more toys. Show her Doug's tools & these responses to his stuff.
 This is Leo's post about Doug's tools, Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Doug's web site. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

This is my post about Craig's tools. Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Craig's web site.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register don't forget to have her watch the vids.

P.S.  YOU (edited out) your getting new toys.  Grin   Tongue

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print