Philip Peak
WR Addict

Southeastern Indiana, Indiana, USA
Southeastern Indiana
Indiana
USA

Hijacking of threads
Apr 1st, 2009 at 3:29am

After some discussion, the moderators decided it was time to refresh everyones memory concerning WR's policy about hijacking threads in any area outside of Totally Off Topic (TOT).  It is expected that some small amount of hijacking will occur in a thread.  As an example, I bring to your attention a posting where a new member asked if we were given a choice between a PM or a Oneway, which would we choose.  I made a small comment about wishing My PM were taller and the next thing you know it was a discussion concerning how to pour concrete in my garage and whether rebar was appropriate or what have you.  There was no intent to hijack the original thread but natural discussion took it that way, which is not a real big deal.  There are times however that threads can get hijacked in a way completely unrelated to the intent of the original posting to the point of being nonsense.  The other moderators  and I feel that things are getting a bit out of hand and we would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that these nonsense posts unrelated to the original post, outside of TOT, will be deleted.  In other words, let's do what we can to keep on subject and leave the frivolity where it belongs in TOT.  With a few exceptions, hijackings in TOT will not be deleted.    

The woodturner formerly known as PhilipE.  Willing to mentor members who live in the southeastern Indiana/Kentuckiana area (Louisville area)
WWW poet0928  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print