Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A way of marketing (Read 975 times)

Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

A way of marketing
Apr 2nd, 2009 at 12:48pm

Because my wife and I have a business licence  and we sell to anyone we joined the Made in Nevada group they help market items made exclusively in Nevada. We can use the logo and display with there certificate.If you  scroll down to T&J Davis you will see what we have it is in alphabetical order so it is a ways down.
If you read about this you might have something like it in your state.
With this in for just under a month I have been contacted by 3 people to look at my pens and bottle stoppers. Now we are going to have to start our own web site and get that up and running.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY, WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING
WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Brendan McAreavy
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Ireland, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland

Re: A way of marketing
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 1:06pm

That is a great site and highlights the businesses in a most attractive way.  Your entry looks super.  A link to a website will certainly help because if people click on you they want as much info as they can get.

Well Done

BMac in a previous incarnation

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2009 at 10:57pm

That is pretty cool.  I didn't notice, is there a link to other state's groups similar to this one?
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 11:20am

Rev. Doug Miller wrote on Apr 2nd, 2009 at 10:57pm:
That is pretty cool.  I didn't notice, is there a link to other state's groups similar to this one?

You know Doug I am not sure will look later and see. I had not thought of that, at the time we were doing it somebody that we talked to said there is a Made in Washington but don't know of any others. Funny part to this is that in doing a search for Made In Nevada it comes up to a eye candy site.

Edit Doug I went back and looked at the site and there are no links to others like it.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2009 at 11:37am by Tom Davis »  

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY, WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING
WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Frank Denton

WR Rocks!

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 1:12pm

CHECK OUT Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Great Dakota Bowl Company

They do the marketing and notify you when there's a sale. They retain 1% or so and pay once a month. They also take care of the sales tax issue.

Frank D.

IP Logged

Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 1:49pm

Frank I tried your link and didn't work. Can't say if it is me or you link

WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Brendan McAreavy
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Ireland, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 1:56pm

Try Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register - the 'e' was missing in the link above.
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2009 at 1:57pm by Brendan McAreavy »  

BMac in a previous incarnation

IP Logged

Frank Denton

WR Rocks!

Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 3:15pm

Tom Davis wrote on Apr 3rd, 2009 at 1:49pm:
Frank I tried your link and didn't work. Can't say if it is me or you link

No, but you can say it was me not the link Smiley

Thanks for the help Brendan!

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Tom Davis
WR Addict

I get jokes

Reply #8 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 9:58pm

Frank I like that site a lot and wish there was a way we could make our pictures larger. The Made in Nevada site won't let us expand a picture. Sure would be a great help. Also we can't have more than five pictures at a time but can change them. By the way your stuff is very nice.

WOW WHAT A RIDE

IP Logged

Frank Denton

WR Rocks!

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 4:42pm

Thanks Tom, the state hired an outside source to set up the website and they've continued to tweek it as time passes. I tried to get them to add a counter so I could tell how many people were looking but that wasn't in the budget. Down on stuff right now but I've had as many as 30 items on there at one time with three pic's each. Through the summer it picks up and then again during the holidays. It's not perfect but it is my only web presence and the artists get a lot of promotion from the state.

frank

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print