When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Re: Hard times
Reply #45 - Jun 22nd, 2009 at 4:59pm

WTG Frank... you are the man!!! Now, get busy making more stuff!!!  smiley=thumbsup.gif smiley=thumbsup.gif smiley=thumbsup.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

Vaughn McMillan
WR Addict

Does this nose make me
look fat?

Albuquerque, USA
Albuquerque
USA

Reply #46 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 1:41am

Man, those are excellent results, Frank. Congrats.  smiley=thumbsup.gif  I really think the under-$100 pieces will be the best movers for a while, and your results reinforce that idea.

IP Logged

George Carrigan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #47 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 9:42am

Nice going Frank, it's good to hear positive results. George

IP Logged

Frank Denton

WR Rocks!

Reply #48 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 1:02pm

Thanks everyone! and really have to get busy, was begged to do a show in August at the Casey Tibbs Rodeo Museum grand openning (South Dakota Cowboy). Supposed to be a big event. I will be one of the few vendors allowed inside. So that puts me Aug, Sept, Oct and December, all big events. Whats even greater is I'm still making what I want to make, no offense, but no artsey stuff other than inlay in the cracks. Very little thin stuff, can't sell it, even cheap.

Frank

IP Logged

George Carrigan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #49 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 10:11am

Frank, I'd like to see some of your work, you say it's not artsey but it must be pretty good if it's selling the way it is, I couldn't find you in the gallery. I for one may be on the wrong track trying to make each piece "perfect" in form and finish for the local arts and craft shows. George

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Steve Bistritz
WR Supporter

Harrington Park, New Jersey, USA
Harrington Park
New Jersey
USA

Reply #50 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 6:48pm

I would like to see what kind of items are popular also, it would help to see what I have to put on my ever escalating learning curve to be able to produce things to sell in the future...

So many interests,so little time.........

IP Logged

Frank Denton

WR Rocks!

Reply #51 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 3:13pm

Not very good with pictures but will give it a try, here is a photo from one of my shows, last November. I'll try in the gallery too.

Frank

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register PB070076.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Frank Denton

WR Rocks!

Reply #52 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 3:38pm

I try and make a little of everything, big and small and have a variety. If a piece is similar in shape, same type of wood, etc. I give it  different finish. I've seen a few turners a shows (where I've not been selling) who offer a limited assortment of items. They might have 20 or 30 items on display where they have only 4 or 5 real choices, meaning veerything is the same, just different sizes. People walk through their booths barely pausing. I feel I'm cheating myself if I can't put out at least 80 pieces. That way when people come by they stop and spend time looking and touching at least 30 pieces. Very few buy just one, it's too hard to decide Smiley

IP Logged

Steve Bistritz
WR Supporter

Harrington Park, New Jersey, USA
Harrington Park
New Jersey
USA

Reply #53 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 5:39pm

I totally see what you are saying about selection, no way they can just walk past that!!!!!! smiley=thumbsup.gif

So many interests,so little time.........

IP Logged

George Carrigan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #54 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 9:28am

Frank,
Personally, I think your display looks too crowded but your product looks great. I usually have about 25-30pcs on dispaly in a 10x10 booth using two tables and a three shelf display stand. Now, with the success you're having you may have a good point. I need to re-think my idea of "crowded" and see if I can get more items in front of the customer. Thanks for the picture. George

IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #55 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 4:14pm

Very nice Frank, seems you have something for everyone, should the right person drop in. Nice display, thanks for showing it.

Wizzy

IP Logged

Brad_Mortensen
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Reply #56 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 6:02pm

I think your display looks great, the idea of solid partician type walls for display is always a good one, people are concentrated on looking at your items not through the racks, wire, crates ect. being distracted by what the next booth has. The two tone table cover is also another nice touch. It is nicely stocked with out being overly crowded.
I can see why you rake in the big bucks.
A deffinate thumbs up on your display and items.

Brad

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Frank Denton

WR Rocks!

Reply #57 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 12:56pm

Thank you!

Also I watch the people coming in or by and there always seems to be a few pieces that people gravitate towards. So after a few hours I might move them around and kind of re-arrange things as the day goes by. Some times I get lucky and when they happen by again they stop to look for the piece they saw earlier and spend more time and a little more money. It's fun.

Frank

IP Logged

Vaughn McMillan
WR Addict

Does this nose make me
look fat?

Albuquerque, USA
Albuquerque
USA

Reply #58 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 2:41am

Great-looking display, Frank. I'd really like to revise mine to be more like yours. My current display is three tables and one small 3-shelf unit on one of the tables, but I'd like to go for more vertical displays instead of my current horizontal approach. I just need to figure out something compact, lightweight, easy to move, stable in the wind, and as close to free of cost as possible.  Roll Eyes  Smiley

Great-looking products in that display, too.  smiley=thumbsup.gif

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print