WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

North Alabama, Alabama, USA
North Alabama
Alabama
USA

My display table
May 4th, 2009 at 7:22pm

For the last 5 years I have tried several ways to display my turnings at shows and have not been happy with any. I started with card tables and some shelves in the back of the tent, but everything seems too crowded. I then tried some shelves on the tables. Didn't like those.

I started looking for something that I could go vertical with different levels. i wasn't happy with the plastic riser blocks. This past winter I started building a display. I have a piece of 1/4 inch luan (sp?) 13 inches by 48 inches. I turned some 1.25 inch dowels and bolted these to the plywood in kind of a circle pattern. I cut some round 5 and 6 inch pieces of 1/4 inch plywood and screwed another piece of dowel to it. I cut various lengths of 1.25 inches of plastic water pipe and stood on the dowels and added the round disc to the top.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I place these on top of a 2 by 4 foot table. I have some room to put bowls in front of the risers.

Here is a picture of the from this past Saturday's show.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I wanted something that was light weight, easy to pack and haul that could be setup and broke down quickly. I think this will work.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2009 at 7:26pm by Roger_Smith »  

If you attempt to be acceptable to all people, then you are special to none.
WWW overtrim1 http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Brendan McAreavy
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Ireland, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland

Re: My display table
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2009 at 7:43pm

Roger, I think that looks great.  Very effective use of space and not cluttered.

BMac in a previous incarnation

IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2009 at 8:08pm

Very nice and I like the idea, gives me something to think about before our show in Oct. thanks for the photo and info.  smiley=thumbsup.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2009 at 9:57pm

I like the setup not cluttered looking.Beautifull pieces you have there.That pvc looks like a pretty good idea.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2009 at 9:59pm by Ken Ward »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print