Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Some pics of my shop (Read 27,869 times)

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Some pics of my shop
May 16th, 2009 at 10:06pm

OK folks,we have our board just for pic's of our shop's.So lets get the cameras out and show us what you have.This is not meant as a topic board just to show off,but to share your ideas with other woodworkers on how to help getting there shop setup to get the best use out of available space they have.So don't worry about how small or cluttered up  your shop is,just show foks what they can do with what they have.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2011 at 7:33pm by Ron Sardo »  

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Re: Some pics of my shop
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2009 at 4:45am

Ken,
Very nice.  smiley=beer.gif 
How about some more info
what are the dimensions?
What are the green & tan roll up curtains for? (to keep dust & chips away from ?)
Boy I am envious of all of the room you got. Looks pretty organized too. 2 thumbs up.  smiley=thumbsup.gif smiley=thumbsup.gif

I did a bit of rearranging of mine & will post pics later today just a bit more cleaning up to do.

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #2 - May 17th, 2009 at 6:09am

Thanks Chuck,the shop is about 18 x 30 ft.On the other side of the basement I keep some of my wood blanks and lumber for flat work,here are some more pics.One is my tablesaw and router setup,I have them mounted in an old kitchen counter top.Then behind the lathe is my 12" sliding compond miter saw,plus more wood on the shelves that I use for my flat work. The other side of the shop about 8 x 30 is where I keep my some bowl blanks,rough turned bowls and more wood supplies.Theres about 600.00 worth of boards there that I use mostly for my flat work,although some will be used for turning,and segminted work,which I hope to get into this year.

« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2011 at 1:06pm by David Hamann »  

IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2009 at 7:42am

Nice set up Ken, can't wait to get up their this coming weekend to see it in person and load up my truck with "ALL" of them ruff turned blanks... hehehe Good looken shop you got their.

Here are a couple pic of my little shop, nothing to brag about, but it works.

« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2011 at 1:07pm by David Hamann »  

Wizzy

IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2009 at 9:56am

DANG Chuck ole boy,you ain't got no wasted space there,lookin good.  smiley=thumbsup.gif smiley=thumbsup.gif I tried to put all my pics on one post an couldn't do it.

Hey Wizzy that look a tad bit different than when I was there.Like where did the chickens go ???  Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2009 at 10:00am by Ken Ward »  

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2009 at 10:08am

Ken,
E mail me the Pics & I'll put them on my photobucket account & post them like mine.

IP Logged

Leo Frilot
WR Addict

When the going gets tough,
get a bigger gouge!!!

Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, USA
Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana
USA

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2009 at 10:12am

Ken, I can see your pics real well.  Nice setup.

Chuck, I don't get your pics, but here at work there might be some kind of filter.  Filters out ugly!  Grin  Grin

j/j I don't get videos here either.

Live for today, plan for tomorrow, but have fun regardless!Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW Leo.Frilot  
IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #7 - May 17th, 2009 at 10:16am

Leo,
That hurt.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2009 at 10:16am by Chuck Beland »  

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Leo Frilot
WR Addict

When the going gets tough,
get a bigger gouge!!!

Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, USA
Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana
USA

Reply #8 - May 17th, 2009 at 12:27pm

Shocking, Ain't I?

Well, I do see your pics at home, but not here.  I don't even see you avatar.  Just a tiny white dot.  I see Wizzy's pics also.  Cozy!  So if I can see Ken's and Wizzy's, the filter has approved.  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2009 at 12:29pm by Leo Frilot »  

Live for today, plan for tomorrow, but have fun regardless!Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW Leo.Frilot  
IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #9 - May 17th, 2009 at 12:59pm

nice lookin shops.  i have to update the pics on mine, will try and have by tuesday.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #10 - May 17th, 2009 at 2:00pm

OK these are Ken's pics.

Click the pic twice for full size.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #11 - May 17th, 2009 at 2:12pm

Leo Frilot wrote on May 17th, 2009 at 12:27pm:
[size=20]So if I can see Ken's and Wizzy's, the filter has approved.  Tongue

That's cause you've meet us in person already ya twit, you still got to meet Chuck before the filter takes effect... now their!!!

Wizzy

IP Logged

Brendan McAreavy
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Ireland, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland

Reply #12 - May 17th, 2009 at 2:18pm

Great pics guys but one thing missing - the mountain of shavings under the lathe and all over the workbenches and shelves like in my shop.  I would be ashamed to show the pig sty I work in after seeing all this organisation and cleanliness.

BMac in a previous incarnation

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #13 - May 17th, 2009 at 2:57pm

Bre,
I can't have to many chips & dust. If you look at the 5thy pic you can see that's where my GAS water heater is. So wood dust & gas flames do not go together. Also I have no natural light or ventilation outside. So I have to keep my shop as clean & organized as I can. Any type of strong smelling finish I have to go outside otherwise the smell would overpower anybody in the basement since there is no way to ventilate or even room for a DC yet.

IP Logged

Dale Bonertz
WR Addict

Reply #14 - May 17th, 2009 at 4:06pm

Chuck,
1st suggestion I will make is with the first three pics.  That bandsaw and all that wood have got to go.  They are taking up way to much space.  Just crate it up and send to Fort Collins, CO. in care of Dale and I will handle the rest. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ken,
What is the toilet in your shop for?  Is that where you do the DNA soak? Grin Grin  Or maybe DNA stands for Doing Natures Action.  Ok go ahead and  smiley=slap.gif me know.

Dale

Dale

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print