Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Some pics of my shop (Read 20,950 times)

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Re: Some pics of my shop
Reply #15 - May 17th, 2009 at 4:07pm

That's his contemplation chamber.

JimQuarles

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #16 - May 17th, 2009 at 4:18pm

Dale,
Thank you for looking out for my welfare but I wouldn't want you to go through the same thing I have already have. The worrying, nail biting, re-re-re arranging.

Jim,
Grand slam.  Grin

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Vaughn McMillan
WR Addict

Does this nose make me
look fat?

Albuquerque, USA
Albuquerque
USA

Reply #17 - May 17th, 2009 at 4:58pm

Brendan McAreavy wrote on May 17th, 2009 at 2:18pm:
Great pics guys but one thing missing - the mountain of shavings under the lathe and all over the workbenches and shelves like in my shop.  I would be ashamed to show the pig sty I work in after seeing all this organisation and cleanliness.

I'm with you, Brendan. I've attached the only pic I have of my shop when it's clean. One of these days after I've neatened up in there a bit, I'll take some updated shots.

« Last Edit: May 17th, 2009 at 5:00pm by Vaughn McMillan »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Shop_Remodel_2007_-_15_800.jpg (Attachment deleted)
IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #18 - May 17th, 2009 at 5:04pm

Dale Bonertz wrote on May 17th, 2009 at 4:06pm:
Chuck,
1st suggestion I will make is with the first three pics.  That bandsaw and all that wood have got to go.  They are taking up way to much space.  Just crate it up and send to Fort Collins, CO. in care of Dale and I will handle the rest. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ken,
What is the toilet in your shop for?  Is that where you do the DNA soak? Grin Grin  Or maybe DNA stands for Doing Natures Action.  Ok go ahead and  smiley=slap.gif me know.

Dale

That SIR is my office an yes it is where I make all my BIG decisions,thank you

IP Logged

Eric Geist

Here's my wallet- show
me the wood

Loveland, Colorado, USA
Loveland
Colorado
USA

Reply #19 - May 17th, 2009 at 11:31pm

Chuck, no need to worry about Dale having room problems- If he cant handle the blanks and bandsaw, I am close enough to solve that problem for him Cheesy - so go right ahead and crate them up  Smiley

Loveland, CO

IP Logged

Bill Beck

Reply #20 - May 18th, 2009 at 7:29am

One half of my two car garage.  Yes, I get the full size car in at night.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2011 at 1:11pm by David Hamann »  

IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #21 - May 18th, 2009 at 7:54am

WOW nice setup there.I was gonna ask if you ever got a car in there,but then I saw the wheels on about all your tools.Great idea.   Smiley OH YES welcome,hope you like it here.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #22 - May 18th, 2009 at 5:30pm

Chuck Beland wrote on May 17th, 2009 at 2:57pm:
Bre,
I can't have to many chips & dust. If you look at the 5thy pic you can see that's where my GAS water heater is. So wood dust & gas flames do not go together. Also I have no natural light or ventilation outside. So I have to keep my shop as clean & organized as I can. Any type of strong smelling finish I have to go outside otherwise the smell would overpower anybody in the basement since there is no way to ventilate or even room for a DC yet.

you have a window with 3 panes.  pop one out, and you have a area to vent outside to.  you could cut a piece of 1/4" plywood to fit and cut a 4" hole in the center for a vent fan and duct work.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Brendan McAreavy
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Ireland, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland

Reply #23 - May 18th, 2009 at 5:38pm

Chuck,

I had replied to that comment but it hasn't appeared, I think I tried to post when I was being told to 'wait'.

So, I understand where you are coming from because, in my big, draughty shop, there are times I have to get out because of fumes so it must be a huge issue for you.  That seems like a good idea from David.

BMac in a previous incarnation

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #24 - May 18th, 2009 at 6:03pm

I thought of that. The window has 2 panes & it's all metal. to small for a window fan. It also has to be removable due to the basement is heated with a Weil-Mclain oil boiler. So I'll keep researching until I come up with a workable solution.

Cmon people lets see some pics of your shop
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2009 at 6:04pm by Chuck Beland »  

IP Logged

Leo Frilot
WR Addict

When the going gets tough,
get a bigger gouge!!!

Baton Rouge, LA, Louisiana, USA
Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana
USA

Reply #25 - May 18th, 2009 at 7:51pm

Bill Beck wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 7:29am:
One half of my two car garage.  Yes, I get the full size car in at night.

Nice setup, Bill. But where's the lathe?

Live for today, plan for tomorrow, but have fun regardless!Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW Leo.Frilot  
IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #26 - May 18th, 2009 at 8:16pm

He keeps it behind that false wall of cabinets in a hidden spot under lock & key. That is the heart of his shop he doesn't want anyone to hurt his baby.
Right Bill.  smiley=thumbsup.gif

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #27 - May 19th, 2009 at 6:11am

Sorry I forgot to add descriptions so I deleted my original post & here is the new one with words.

Ok, I did some minor additions & re-re-re-re arranging to my play room. This is a 360° from the door to the right back to the door. The dimensions are 8' x 8'

Click pic for full size.

Finishing storage & my BS

Turning wood & my Rigid folding TS, sheet storage & fridge.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

More sheet storage water heather & turning wood. 2 pics one from the back side one from the front side.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Tool box, ceiling clamp storage.

Main workbench doubles as chop saw & also DP table. Peg board with a lot of stuff. Also bottom storage of main workbench.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

These shelves are under the cellar stairs they have my bigger cases , socket sets, router, my FIL's 40 yr old aluminum Rockwell tools. These things still work better then the new ones. Also to the right of this directly under the stairs is my pancake compressor. Also storage of my FIL's saws & other carpentry stuff.

Here is my grinder table & buffing station. It's on a old military metal cabinet I put on wheels. When I need to buff I pull it out & turn it around. My Beal wheels are in a wood box I made screwed to the back. I have them in Freezer bags to keep them clean. Also more storage.

This is my little mayo monster I love it.  & more storage.

Pegboard above the lathe for mostly used tools.

Temporary turning tool storage. I'm making a cabinet to house them now. also back to the door & were done.

Shop Dogs our 2 rescue puppies.

Diamond on the left & Lexy on the right. Lexy is our Walmart greeter & Diamond is security.

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #28 - May 19th, 2009 at 6:11am

YO Bre,
You've had enough time where's our pics of your play room???

Leo, Ron, Jim, Fred, Doug, Craig, & everybody else come on where's our pics of your play room???? Let's go people get with the program.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #29 - May 19th, 2009 at 8:51am

You sure make good use of your allotted space there Chuck ole boy.

OK folks,I know there are more shops out there,or do you turn in your dang kitchen  Angry Be nice to have a section just for shop shots.So get the camera's out an don't be bashfull.I'll even wager that the super powers here have shops  Smiley   smiley=dankk2.gif smiley=dankk2.gif smiley=dankk2.gif

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print