Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Some pics of my shop (Read 27,776 times)

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Re: Some pics of my shop
Reply #30 - May 19th, 2009 at 9:07am

No pics of my shop.  Why?  Because the curls and sawdust is so thick that you can't see much anyway.  I'm not real sure, but I think they may be hiding folks in the witness protection program in there.  I really need a day when I can pull it all out of the garage, clean it all out, and replace everything in an organized manner.  I've said that since we moved in over 4 years ago.  It just keeps getting worse instead of better. 
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #31 - May 19th, 2009 at 9:13am

Rev. Doug Miller wrote on May 19th, 2009 at 9:07am:
No pics of my shop.  Why?  Because the curls and sawdust is so thick that you can't see much anyway.  I'm not real sure, but I think they may be hiding folks in the witness protection program in there.  I really need a day when I can pull it all out of the garage, clean it all out, and replace everything in an organized manner.  I've said that since we moved in over 4 years ago.  It just keeps getting worse instead of better. 
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Come on Rev,were not lookin for show room shops.So lets show em what a workin mans shop looks like  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #32 - May 19th, 2009 at 9:28am

Ken, problem is I am a working man, but not in the shop.  That's why it stays such a mess.  I take valuable turning time once in a while to sweep a path through the shop, but its still a mess.  If I didn't have to store the garden, yard, camping, kid stuff in there as well I might have a real shop.  Who am I kidding?  I'll never have a real shop, at least not until I retire.  But, then I'll be too old to stand at the lathe.  This ain't looking too good all of a sudden.  Undecided
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
IP Logged

Bill Beck

Re: Ok Ok here is the straight scoop
Reply #33 - May 19th, 2009 at 9:40am

1) no false walls photo 2 (in origonal post) showes the back of the garage door, all the rest are 24 inch deep cabs.
2) four photos of lathe monster.
3) SPECIAL FEATURE Bottom right of photo "side" (in origonal post)  is the screened cat litter with a pet door from the house. No odor,No Mess.

Most every thing needed for turning is on the roller stand

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2011 at 1:14pm by David Hamann »  

IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #34 - May 19th, 2009 at 5:57pm

With limited space and a flat floor,that's the way to go  smiley=thumbsup.gif smiley=thumbsup.gif

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #35 - May 19th, 2009 at 6:51pm

Doug,
Don't be embaraSSED IT'S A SHOP it's supposed to look well loved & used. IE messy so no quibble lets see it. Ron you too & everybody else get the lead out.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2009 at 6:52pm by Chuck Beland »  

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #36 - May 19th, 2009 at 9:28pm

Hey Rev, Don't you have a leaf blower???  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cool Cool

JimQuarles

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #37 - May 19th, 2009 at 10:18pm

Dumb thing is one of those things that was given to me but has never started.  I need to toss it or let somebody see if they can get it running. 
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #38 - May 19th, 2009 at 10:38pm

Someone out here was telling me that he uses a coal shovel at least once a week, and the leaf blower every month or so.  Unlike me, he is in an area of "horse properties" of 1+ acres.

JimQuarles

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #39 - May 19th, 2009 at 11:00pm

just remember, chuck asked for it:  {files are ~250k each}

2 car garage, no room for car, looking out:

looking in:

view of whole shop from outside:

lathe area:
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2009 at 11:04pm by David Hamann »  

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #40 - May 20th, 2009 at 3:25am

Dave,
Excellent You got a well loved shop. I see you also use a lot of those USPS boxes for storage. With all of the different sizes I use a lot of them myself. I have found that if I'm making something if I put all of the parts inside I don't lose anything & my CRS is negated.  smiley=beer.gif smiley=beer.gif

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #41 - May 20th, 2009 at 5:00pm

HEY when It comes to a lathe ,who needs a car,remember ya gotta keep your priorities together  Smiley Nice lookin shop there,looks pretty well organized.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Roger_Smith
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

North Alabama, Alabama, USA
North Alabama
Alabama
USA

Reply #42 - May 20th, 2009 at 7:46pm

Here is mine.  I have a great wife that allowed me to use some of my children's inherence.  Show is 24 by 48 with an added on room for the noisey machine.

Southwest wall from garage door. (Tail gate lift, wood storage, cherry picker, drum sander, and sand paper storage:)

Northwest Wall: (Fridge, router cabinet, chop saw, RAS, electrical panel.  Waiting on money to build cabinets and work bench.)

North Wall: (Work table, clamp storage, router storage)

DC Room: (DC, air compressor, vacuum pump and storage)

NE Wall: (Tool Box, storage.)

SE Wall: (Lathes, temporary cabinets, bandsaw, wood storage and lumber rack)

South wall: (Junk HF dust collector, planer, storage and garage door.  A 10 ft by 10 ft unfinished gallery is behind this wall)

Center of shop: (Table saw)

Gallery: (Shot from door of unfinished gallery.  Most of my finished stuff is in another gallery at this time.)

roger

If you attempt to be acceptable to all people, then you are special to none.
WWW overtrim1 http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #43 - May 20th, 2009 at 7:58pm

OK FOLKS we need to get some shots in here.It doesn't matter what size shop or how fancy it is ( or how clean) we need to show prospective turners that the shop doesn't have to be big or loaded with a fortune in tools an equipment.I didn't start this post for who has the biggest or best equipped shop,but to show folks what you can do with what you have.If we can get a shop shot gallery going,then maybe it will give other turners or woodworkers some ideas on what they would need to get started.I have seen some great ideas here already.One was a shop with your tools on wheels,role em out,use em,then push em back till next time and like said,would be nice to see the BOSSES shops  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2009 at 8:14pm by Ken Ward »  

IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #44 - May 20th, 2009 at 8:08pm

That the way to get em here  smiley=thumbsup.gif I think I even saw a lathe there somewhere  Grin Grin nice setup you have goin there,thanks for posting.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print