Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mirror-Finishing method (Read 3,748 times)

Norbert Dupas
WR Addict

Oakbank, Manitoba, Canada
Oakbank
Manitoba
Canada

Mirror-Finishing method
Aug 19th, 2009 at 11:46am

I hope this works...my 1st video post attempt. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2009 at 10:23pm by Norbert Dupas »  

...Bert

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Re: Mirror-Finishing method
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 10:28pm

thank you for the great video's.  now, if i could get my mini down to below 500rpm, i would be set.  that wipe on poly is real nice stuff.  i have used it on flat projects for a few years.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2009 at 10:28pm by David Hamann »  

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Norbert Dupas
WR Addict

Oakbank
Manitoba
Canada

Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2009 at 10:49pm

Thanks David.  I just uploaded two more videos (continuation of the process).  I will post them below

...Bert

IP Logged

Darren Jones

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 1:05pm

I love this finish. If you want hi gloss this is the way to do it.

IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2009 at 8:45pm

Hey Bert,that was great,but I would like to make a suggestion and Please don't take it the wrong way,but I think you should eliminate the back ground music.I have a hearing problem (no jokes please)and back ground noises make it difficult to understand the audio.Again though ,I think you did a great job.

IP Logged

Norbert Dupas
WR Addict

Oakbank
Manitoba
Canada

Reply #5 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 9:15am

No offence taken.  I will keep that in mind for the next videos.  It took a long time to put these videos together, so for these one's I'll leave the background music in, ok?

...Bert

...Bert

IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 9:36am

Thanks for understanding Bert,looking forward to the next episode  smiley=beer.gif smiley=beer.gif

IP Logged

Steve Bistritz
WR Supporter

Harrington Park, New Jersey, USA
Harrington Park
New Jersey
USA

Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 10:00am

And now I feel funny asking what the background music was so I can get it..........Could you let me know Bert....Thanks for the great info!!!!

So many interests,so little time.........

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Norbert Dupas
WR Addict

Oakbank
Manitoba
Canada

Reply #8 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 10:56pm

Those songs were played on the piano by my boys.  Titles are:

Aerith's Theme
Konoyo no Uta
and
Bloody Tears

If you want, I can probably email you the actual songs.  I have them saved on my computer.  I will require your email though.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2009 at 10:57pm by Norbert Dupas »  

...Bert

IP Logged

Steve Bistritz
WR Supporter

Harrington Park, New Jersey, USA
Harrington Park
New Jersey
USA

Reply #9 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 11:22pm

PM sent. Thank you, your boys play well........... smilies=bowdown

So many interests,so little time.........

IP Logged

Rodolfo Ceballos

WR Rocks!!!

Reply #10 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 1:22pm

Piano music sounds great!  Your boys are good musicians.  If I could make a small recomendation, keep the gain (or recording volume) low when recording the piano and it will help take off some of the percussive sounds when striking the keys.  Ive found that its sort of a balancing act when it comes to finding the perfect distance to record from.  I know im still searching.

One recording thing I do when recording piano is (if its a grand) open the lid and place the mic just outside the opening of the lid, then equalize the sound.  If its a stand up, I just keep the gain down and put the mic at a descent distance.

Doing this will give you more freedom when mixing the sound to the video tracks.  You can also pan the music to the back and make sure the audio from the video is panned forward.  This will help the music blend more and bring the audio from the video to the foreground.

Believe me I understand what an undertaking it is to add audio.  Ive been in recording situations were setup has taken hours.  You did a great job putting it together, and im definitely going to try this finish technique.  I love mirror finishes and that one looks awesome!
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2009 at 1:26pm by Rodolfo Ceballos »  

Rodolfo
http://facebook.com/tizoc1  
IP Logged

Norbert Dupas
WR Addict

Oakbank
Manitoba
Canada

Reply #11 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 1:59pm

Thanks Rodolfo.  I realize that the recording does have that hard-key strike, but my kids were the one's who recorded them.  I wasn't there.  I tried reducing the volume in Premiere Elements to as low as I could, but unfortunately, I couldn't lower it more as the program would only go so low, and any lower the program would put the volume at zero.  I tried anyway, but was at the mercy of the program.  I think otherwise Ken would NOT have had a problem hearing my voice over the piano.  I knew it was touchy.

...Bert

IP Logged

Ken Ward
WR Noob

I Love WR

Reply #12 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 5:44pm

Hey Bert,wouldn't mind hearing it myself,my email is open here in my profile.OH YES you can mute you on this one  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Rodolfo Ceballos

WR Rocks!!!

Reply #13 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 8:56pm

I totally understand Bert.  Its hard because we are definitely at the mercy of the programs.  I know one day it will be the death of me.  lol.

Rodolfo
http://facebook.com/tizoc1  
IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #14 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 11:03pm

just finished watching your last 2 videos.  do you have a picture of the completed bowl?  looks really nice. smiley=beer.gif smiley=beer.gif

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print