Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Re: Entire Shop For Sale
Reply #15 - Apr 23rd, 2011 at 11:22pm

I have no foggy idea.  This wood is in 3 rooms of an old frontier house and two or three areas in a barn.  This wood is dry as far as I can tell.  That helps, but I'm sure that we are still talking about some weight.  Would be interesting to have it stacked on pallets and weighed to see just what it does weigh.  I really think that it would be 3-4 good pick-up loads easily.  And at that would have to be stacked neatly to get it in that few loads. 
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2011 at 6:31am

I use these people when ever I need to truck something, but it needs to be on a pallet and weighed before they can give you a price

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Steve Bistritz
WR Supporter

Harrington Park, New Jersey, USA
Harrington Park
New Jersey
USA

Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2011 at 8:05am

I have a pickup but its about 850 miles and $200.00 in gas each way....and then the cost of the wood on top kind of kills that idea for me unless I can come up with another way...

So many interests,so little time.........

IP Logged

Harold Goodman

Turn To Live. Live to
Turn

Maryland, Maryland, USA
Maryland
Maryland
USA

Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2011 at 9:52am

Rev,
How much would fit in this rig?  It's a 14 foot trailer single axle but if the wood is semi dry It should be ok.  Would there be any help availaible to load it? 
Everyone else,
How many people close to Baltimore interested in going in on this?

Just realized you can't attach pics in Classifieds. I will post a thread in other topics labeled woodhauler

IP Logged

larry mccartney
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Reply #19 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 3:39am

Rev. Doug Miller wrote on Mar 21st, 2011 at 10:29pm:
I have been contacted by the sister of a former turner.  The turner, Mr. Hawkins, is in a nursing home in TN suffering with advanced Alzheimer's.  It has gotten to a point where he does not even remember turning or working with wood.  So, his sister and brother in law are selling his shop in preparation for moving to TN themselves.  All prices are negotiable and items bought will need to be picked up by the buyer outside Cloverport, KY.  I can give you very easy instructions if you need them.

Items for sale are:
Jet mini (older blue model) - $100

5 chucks (one is a 3 jaw) - $350 for the collection  2-3 of these are Nova's.  All work nicely.  A set of Cole jaws included with the largest chuck.

There are approximately 40 turning tools.  Some are used up, others are in great shape.  Some home made hollowing tools.  One arm brace hollower.  I didn't get a full catalog of the tools other than how many.  I would think that if one averaged $20/tool you would come out smelling like a rose. - $800

Delta 1" strip sander - $50

Approximately 3 pick-up loads of wood, blanked out and ready to turn.  Included is walnut, cherry, poplar, hickory, apple, locust, cedar, etc.  - $700

All prices are negotiable and lots can be divided if need be.
They really want this equipment and wood to go to folks who care about it.
You will need to pick up items yourself in Cloverport, KY.
If you are interested in any or all of the above, please contact Don Hardcastle, (270)788-6643, donsr@bbtel.com.

If I can answer any questions here, I will do what I can.

Thank you for looking.
CoolRev. Doug Miller

IP Logged

larry mccartney
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Reply #20 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 3:53am

Hi Mr. Miller. Im Larry McCartney. I know this is probably not the right place but I wanted to thank you for your comments on my bowl.This computer stuff is all new to me amd I am having a hard time figuring out how to reply to comments made to me. If you could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated. My email address os mfishman13@aol.com Thank you very much, Lost in computer land Larry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print