Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Re: My Shop
Reply #15 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 1:34am

Only if no one is riding with you.
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Doug Calvert
WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

Kent, Wa, Washington, USA
Kent, Wa
Washington
USA

Reply #16 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 8:45am

Well thanks guys.....I mentioned this "solution" you all suggested (Smart Car) to my wife.  I'm not exactly the sharpest gouge on the rack......anyway, she politely said "no."  Grin

´¯`•.><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>
´¯`•.><((((º>´¯`•.><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

IP Logged

Cliff De Witt
WR Devotee

DeSoto, TX, Texas, USA
DeSoto, TX
Texas
USA

Reply #17 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 10:30am

One of their web videos shows them putting a full sized clothes dryer in one, and still having room for a passenger, there is more space behind the seats than my Nissan Frontier King Cab has.

The big optical illusion to the car is that it is all inside. There is a three inch wide steel roll cage that the body is hung on and the interior is on the other side of the cage. It is almost like,  insulation is between because it is a lot quieter than I though it would be.

There is no dead space areas between the interior and exterior, Like fender wells or wide curves to make the car look bigger.  I don't like the fact that there is no spare tire, instead they give you a can of freon with goop to seal punctures, but the car is not meant for long trips, it is a city car and for that it is real good and a lot of fun.

Not that I doubt you Jim, but since you posted this yesterday I have done three or four different searches for a report on that. I also asked my wife about it, she spends a lot of time on the Smart Boards, and neither of us can find reports on this. There are a lot of " it looks like it could get blown over" posts on boards but no newspaper or TV news reports that I could find, I am not saying that they are not there, but I could not find them. Having ridden in the car I just don't see it. The car feels very stable and does not get blown around much with trucks or other large vehicles passing. On the open roads with a strong cross wind it tracks very well, but, I am sure the wind is worse in AZ than here in Dallas. 

One of my biggest fears is that my widow will sell all my toys based on what I told her I paid for them.

Matthew 25:45

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #18 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 11:31am

JimQuarles wrote on Apr 28th, 2011 at 1:26am:
Rev, you can fit 3 whole grocery bags in the front seat.  Without blocking the side window.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

JimQuarles

paper or plastic Wink Wink

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

John Lawson
WR Supporter

Wombats rule!

Denton, Texas, USA
Denton
Texas
USA

Reply #19 - Apr 28th, 2011 at 12:10pm

While nowhere near as small as a Smart car, I got my daughter a Honda Fit.  It's little and cute, and we discovered it can hold 18 (yes, eighteen!) 1.5 cu. ft boxes of books, as well as the driver and a passenger.  Of course, it was kind of unhappy going up the hills.

Being well-read is not the same as knowing what you are doing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print