Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
You Talked me into it!!! (Read 3,958 times)

Keith Padwick

WR Rocks!

You Talked me into it!!!
Aug 1st, 2011 at 4:36pm

Ok, I've finally got the camera out and made the effort.This is part way through the 3rd (?) re-organisation in 4 years.
The shop started out 20ft x 10ft but I keep buying new bits. When I got my first lathe I finally had to extend it to 30ft x 10ft. Since then I have changed the lathe and built the router table. Also added the chip extractor and the Jet 500 air filter. Probably the best investment yet  Smiley(although less fun than the other toys!!!) I think I've finally got all the big stuff I can justify so now I better make a few more things as we've finished the DIY on the house. More pics to follow later

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Bandsaw___Table_Saw.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Chip_Extractor.JPG (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Main_Shop.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Re: You Talked me into it!!!
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 5:21pm

Keith,
Nice organization. Although I do see lots of vertical space not being used. (walls)   Grin

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Vaughn McMillan
WR Addict

Does this nose make me
look fat?

Albuquerque, USA
Albuquerque
USA

Reply #2 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 1:37am

Cozy looking playroom there, Keith. Looks like a fun place to spend a day. I enjoy seeing shop pics from folks outside of the US just to get a look at the differences in the power tools sold around the world. One look at the color of your bandsaw and I was willing to bet you lived somewhere other than the US. I also like the sliding table on your tablesaw. That feature's not very common on the smaller saws over here.

So...where'd you hide the lathe?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2011 at 1:39am by Vaughn McMillan »  
IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 2:30am

Vaughn McMillan wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 1:37am:
So...where'd you hide the lathe?
Like Vaughn I looked and couldn't find the lathe either, other than that you have a nice play room with plenty of tools that go well with turning.

Now... where did you hide that lathe...  smiley=lolk.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

Keith Padwick

WR Rocks!

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 4:02pm

Sorry guys but the lathe is behind me in these pics. I've taken several shots of it, and the router table, but can't get the pics small enough to attach here. Any bright ideas welcomed bang head

IP Logged

Keith Padwick

WR Rocks!

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 4:06pm

Hi Vaughn

The bandsaw is a Sheppach Besato 3 that I have had for asbout 9 years and the table saw is a Kity that I bought last year to replace a site saw that was 12 years old and no longer accurate enough. I've had lots of use from both machines and really pleased with them. Grin

IP Logged

Vaughn McMillan
WR Addict

Does this nose make me
look fat?

Albuquerque, USA
Albuquerque
USA

Reply #6 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 7:38pm

Yeppers., I recognized the Sheppach colors. We need more blue power tools here in the States. Smiley

Keith Padwick wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 4:02pm:
Sorry guys but the lathe is behind me in these pics. I've taken several shots of it, and the router table, but can't get the pics small enough to attach here. Any bright ideas welcomed bang head

This one's a handy resizer:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I use Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register myself. It's a bit more complicated, but also more versatile.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2011 at 7:39pm by Vaughn McMillan »  
IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #7 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 8:13pm

great looking shop. smiley=thumbsup.gif smiley=thumbsup.gif

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Keith Padwick

WR Rocks!

Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 3:20pm

Hey Guys, thanks for all the comments and Vaughn, the pixresizer works a treat. Looks like my lathe pics finally worked.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register IMG_0019_edited-1.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register IMG_0020.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

leo Makepeace
WR Addict

Lanzarote, Spain
Lanzarote
Spain

Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2011 at 6:16pm

Nice lookin' shop Keith,

Just one question, I have only two bandsaws that I can get over here, I will be buying one of them at the end of this month. One is a Basato 3 and the other is the equivalent Dewalt. both the same price.

You have had the Basato for 9 yrs. so must be happy with it, what would you or anyone else on here recommend ???

Sorry slightly............ Smiley  smiley=slap.gif

Leo Cool

Makin' shavins, but not much else. I can still count to ten, with my shoes on......woohoo
WWW leo Makepeace http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_10361251  
IP Logged

Keith Padwick

WR Rocks!

Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 2:20pm

Hi Leo, I'm not familier with the De Walt so can only say that, as long as it is properly set-up with decent blades, I find the Basato really easy to use. The only time I have had any problems was when I used cheap blades.

Cheers

Keith
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 2:21pm by Keith Padwick »  

IP Logged

leo Makepeace
WR Addict

Lanzarote, Spain
Lanzarote
Spain

Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:00pm

Ok,thanks Keith, Basato it is then I think.!! smiley=beer.gif

Makin' shavins, but not much else. I can still count to ten, with my shoes on......woohoo
IP Logged

Keith Padwick

WR Rocks!

Reply #12 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:33pm

Leo, Have fun with that. I've now managed to get pics of the router table that I built a couple of months ago.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:35pm by Keith Padwick »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register IMG_0017_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register IMG_0018.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

leo Makepeace
WR Addict

Lanzarote, Spain
Lanzarote
Spain

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:38pm

Very nice looking piece of kit Keith,nice job !!!! smiley=beer.gif

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #14 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:49pm

very nice router station. smiley=thumbsup.gif  i see you did the same knock off of Unc Norm's. Cool Cool
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011 at 3:49pm by David Hamann »  

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print