Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  Featured Artist    Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   Event Calendar   Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
6 foot Sorby Professional Lathe (Read 1,224 times)

Jack Davis

WR Rocks!

6 foot Sorby Professional Lathe
Aug 11th, 2011 at 10:36am

I have a Sorby lathe which I have decided to sell because of space issues. It is the last 6 foot bed lathe (adjustable to any length shorter) that Sorby produced.
It has a head that will set at any position which is the handiest thing I have ever found from any lathe. It has an outbound bowl attachment allowing for large bowls and platters. It is not a variable speed but can easily be converted. I can change the speed in about 5 or 6 seconds, so I never found that an issue. It is very clean and appears pretty new, although I have turned quite a lot of pieces for it. I would consider it one of the best of the midsize lathes. It will come with a head spur and tail stock with live center, and is set up for vacuum chucking. I will let all of that go with it. It also has an indexing head. I operates on 110v. I paid almost exactly 3000.00 for it and will sell it for half of that 1500.00. I live on Interstate 44 and Interstate 71 in Joplin, MO which is right in the center of the US. I would crate for pickup for expenses. (about 200.00) Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register is a link where you can view this exact model. I will send photos of the lathe upon request. Thanks, Jack

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
thomas kenny

WR Rocks!

upstate N.Y., USA
upstate N.Y.
USA

Re: 6 foot Sorby Professional Lathe
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 5:11am

Almost exactly?

IP Logged

Jack Davis

WR Rocks!

Re: 6 foot Sorby Professional Lathe
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 10:37am

2795.00 + 200.00 plus tax.

There are more than one model shown in the Sorby info.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:42am by Ron Sardo »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print