20 (3.3%)
  31 (5.1%)
  25 (4.1%)

Total votes: 604

Place your votes
« Last Modified by: Ron Sardo on: Nov 6th, 2011 at 3:35pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
2012 Calender Contest (Read 6,448 times)

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
2012 Calender Contest
Oct 30th, 2011 at 6:22am

I think this year we have the best group of entries ever. Excellent work everyone.

Now it's time to vote.

Here is how it going to work, all registered members get to pick up to 12 photos. The top 12 images from 12 different turners will be chosen for the calendar. If one turner has 2 selections in the top 12, the next photo with the highest count will be picked.

Clicking on any of the thumbnails will bring you to the gallery for a larger view.

Each person gets to vote for 12 pieces, please do not vote for more.
Once you submit your vote, you have 20 minutes to make any changes.

Voting will end Midnight Saturday, November 5, 2011 (Pacific Time). Sunday the results of the voting will be shown.

The entry with the most votes will be featured on the front cover.

Good luck!

1Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register     2Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register     3Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register     4Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register     5Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register     6Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

7Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register     8Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register     9Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    10Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    11Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    12Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

13Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    14Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    15Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    16Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    17Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    18Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

19Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    20Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register  21Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    22Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   23Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    24Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

25Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    26Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    27Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    28Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    29Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    30Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

31Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    32Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    33Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register     34Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    35Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register    36Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2011 at 6:27pm by Ron Sardo »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Re: 2012 Calender Contest
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 9:45am

Great work one and all.  Ron is spot on, this is going to be the best calendar ever.  Great work.  Great photography.  If I could pre-order I certainly would.  Can't wait to get these on my wall.  A huge thank you to Ron for pulling this together and for printing them for us.  Another Big thank you to everyone who took the time to submit an entry.  With out all of you we couldn't have a calendar with such rare beauty for all to enjoy. 
CoolRev. Doug Miller

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

leo Makepeace
WR Addict

Lanzarote, Spain
Lanzarote
Spain

Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 11:05am

Ditto Rev. Doug.  smilies=bowdown

Makin' shavins, but not much else. I can still count to ten, with my shoes on......woohoo
WWW leo Makepeace http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_10361251  
IP Logged

Robert Harper
WR Addict

WR doesn't rock, it RULES!

Salt Lake City, UT, Utah, USA
Salt Lake City, UT
Utah
USA

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 1:05pm

I'll be a Rev. ditto head too. I know my turning and enjoyment of turning is greatly enhanced by my involvement with this site. All of the hints, ideas and inspiration is priceless.

Special thanks to Ron, David, Bob, and others for all of the work they do to maintain and contribute. 2011 was a great year of turning for me. I hope that 2012 gets even better.

Live long, love life, and sail fast. Oh and turn fast too.
WWW Robert Harper rharper@xmission.com  
IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #4 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 3:47pm

Ron,

photo 33 is not showing up.  instead, a thumbnail of a previous picture is showing.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Nate Davey
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Albuquerque, NM, New Mexico, USA
Albuquerque, NM
New Mexico
USA

Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 4:17pm

Definitely a big thank you to Ron, David and Bob for their hard work just getting to this point.  Just getting people to follow the rules was probably a full time job. Roll Eyes

When you start a project you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".

IP Logged

Greg Plank

Why whittle a twig when
you can whittle a log

Yankee Hill, California, USA
Yankee Hill
California
USA

Reply #6 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 9:50pm

Ditto Rev. Doug and Robert.

Greg Plank

IP Logged

Bernie Weishapl
WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

Goodland, Kansas, USA
Goodland
Kansas
USA

Reply #7 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:11am

Agree with all.

Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things:  a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

IP Logged

david seaba
WR Patron

Semper Fi !

Broken Arrow,Ok, Oklahoma, USA
Broken Arrow,Ok
Oklahoma
USA

Reply #8 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 11:57am

I agree with what everybody else said! smiley=beer.gif

Custom Duck calls,Deer Grunt etc. Stave Vessels, Bowls, Pens  Antler and Wood
WWW David Seaba  
IP Logged

Bill Schoppert
WR Champion

WR Rocks!

Issaquah, WA, Washington, USA
Issaquah, WA
Washington
USA

Reply #9 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 8:34pm

I will also say ditto. Great looking pieces and it was really hard to pick only 12. Wow

Bill Schoppert  
IP Logged

Len Layman
WR Patron

What have I got into??

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands

PM 3520b
Jet 1220
Reply #10 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:29pm

Just cast my vote.  What a hard decision.  They are all great.

Thanks to all from the admins to the submitters.  The best news that everyone of us is a winner by being apart of this great group

Thanks. smiley=beer.gif smiley=beer.gif smiley=beer.gif smiley=beer.gif smiley=beer.gif
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:30pm by Len Layman »  

Len

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."   MLK
IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #11 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 8:55pm

Great pieces ladies and gents, you all deserve a pay on the back for doing such nice work!!! smiley=thumbsup.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #12 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 11:09pm

Mike Baber wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 8:55pm:
Great pieces ladies and gents, you all deserve a pay on the back for doing such nice work!!! smiley=thumbsup.gif

how much?? Smiley Smiley

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 12:46am

Dave, we are going to triple your pay for your work on this.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #14 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 10:23pm

JimQuarles wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 12:46am:
Dave, we are going to triple your pay for your work on this.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets see now, 3 times nothing is nothingnothingnothing. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

hope it don't bump me into a higher tax bracket. Cry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print