Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Finally Building a Shop! (Read 19,052 times)

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Re: Finally Building a Shop!
Reply #150 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 9:47pm

I forgot about that, me believe you've done this before, just make sure you stain or paint your baseboard before you put it down, then all you got is some touch up work to do and your done! smiley=thumbsup.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island, South Carolina, USA
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #151 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 8:12pm

Well, the first tool is in the shop!  It's a Powermatic 18" bandsaw---an 800 pound monster! 

It wasn't easy either! 

There was a lot of lift, yank, shove, push, squeeze, pray.  But it's in there and I ain't moving it again Smiley.  Well maybe just a little! Roll Eyes  LOL.

Here are some pics.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Sitting in the crate
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register On the tractor getting moved around back to the shop
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register The saw is taller than the door.  I had to tilt it almost horizontal to get it in the door and then raise it back vertical once inside.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register It's almost final resting place!  Yea!

I've fallen into the vortex and been nicknamed "Wood Doctor" by a Mississippian!  Life is good!
Richard Bachman eversdorf  
IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #152 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 8:37pm

Bet it feels good to have the first one in.  By chance did you plug it up and create just a bit of saw dust?
Cool

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY.  Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens.  Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #153 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 8:47pm

It does feel great!  But no wood chips yet. After we wrestled that thing into place I was too tired to lift the plug!  Grin  But with the weekend ahead of me, there's some time to start getting everything set up.  It's going to be a fun weekend! Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2012 at 8:48pm by Richard Beversdorf »  

I've fallen into the vortex and been nicknamed "Wood Doctor" by a Mississippian!  Life is good!
IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #154 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 9:24pm

you lucked out having a fork lift on the tractor.  sure makes it easy moving in. smiley=thumbsup.gif

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Richard Beversdorf
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #155 - Apr 28th, 2012 at 10:19pm

David Hamann wrote on Apr 28th, 2012 at 9:24pm:
you lucked out having a fork lift on the tractor.  sure makes it easy moving in. smiley=thumbsup.gif

I think that fork lift is a must have for a tractor!  I never knew how much I needed that thing until I got one.  The best $500 I ever spent!

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #156 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 5:09am

I can't wait to see it all done.

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #157 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 7:58am

Chuck Beland wrote on Apr 29th, 2012 at 5:09am:
I can't wait to see it all done.

Neither can I, Chuck!  But it's coming along a lot faster now.  Yesterday I assembled a new dust collector, finished putting the bandsaw together and assembled the table saw.  This afternoon I hope to move the lathe over, add a lathe work table and shop table.  That is if my back holds out!  LOL 

IP Logged

Breck Whitworth
WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

Gulfport, Mississippi, USA
Gulfport
Mississippi
USA

PM 3520-B
Reply #158 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 10:04am

That bandsaw is a monster of a machine I am greeeeeen over it. Congrates on the beginning of your move in! smiley=thumbsup.gif

May the Lord Bless the work of our hands! And Necessity is the mother of invention:

IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #159 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 6:51pm

Breck Whitworth wrote on Apr 29th, 2012 at 10:04am:
That bandsaw is a monster of a machine I am greeeeeen over it. Congrates on the beginning of your move in! smiley=thumbsup.gif

It is a monster!  I'm waiting on some decent blades for it now.  The one that comes with it is not all that respectable.  LOL.  Here is a picture of what got done this weekend.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register The shop is beginning to come together.Still have to move a fair amount of tools in, but it's getting there.

IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #160 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 10:33pm

Richard, ya done went and got fancy on us, look at that pretty crowd molding ya put up!!! Bout the only thing I see missing right now is your light or lights over the lathe, looking good their ol man, ya doing good!!! smiley=thumbsup.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #161 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 6:50am

Mike Baber wrote on Apr 29th, 2012 at 10:33pm:
Richard, ya done went and got fancy on us, look at that pretty crowd molding ya put up!!! Bout the only thing I see missing right now is your light or lights over the lathe, looking good their ol man, ya doing good!!! smiley=thumbsup.gif

Mike, the crown is there to hide the old hurricane straps that were sticking out a bit.  The light is in a box waiting to be put up.  But there is a switched outlet for it.

I still have a combo sander, drum sander, joiner, 14" bandsaw, small lathe, router table, small refrigerator, air compressor, air lines, dust collection, cabinets and workbench to install.  My back is hurting thinking about it!  LOL smiley=lolk.gif

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #162 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 5:45pm

I would glaDLY BE IN PAIN PUTTING THEM IN A SHOP iF i HAD ONE LIKE YOURS. (sorry) I'm still green with envy.  Embarrassed

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #163 - Apr 30th, 2012 at 6:22pm

Chuck Beland wrote on Apr 30th, 2012 at 5:45pm:
I would glaDLY BE IN PAIN PUTTING THEM IN A SHOP iF i HAD ONE LIKE YOURS. (sorry) I'm still green with envy.  Embarrassed

Thanks, Chuck.  It's a fun project, even with the set backs and aggravations.  But it's a dream shop---at least for me.  I'm very thankful and blessed that I have a wife who supports this and makes it possible.

IP Logged

Breck Whitworth
WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

Gulfport, Mississippi, USA
Gulfport
Mississippi
USA

PM 3520-B
Reply #164 - May 3rd, 2012 at 10:51pm

Richard your dream shop is so darn beautiful it looks like a doctor's office. So I will have to call you the Wood Doctor. So you have been officially nicknamed by a Mississippian. There is so much honor in that, that I doubt it will mean anything to anybody.(chuckle!) Have your secretary set up appointments for turning some beauties soon! smiley=lolk.gif

May the Lord Bless the work of our hands! And Necessity is the mother of invention:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print