Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  • Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Finally Building a Shop! (Read 25,661 times)

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Re: Finally Building a Shop!
Reply #60 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 1:00am

David Hamann wrote on Mar 20th, 2012 at 11:50pm:
be patient, he is being lectured by the Mrs about the importance of being at home when her parents are there. Wink Wink
oppss...  smiley=lolk.gif smiley=lolk.gif smiley=lolk.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island, South Carolina, USA
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #61 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 6:30am

You guys are hilarious! 

More pictures to come soon!

I purchased a lot of lumber and electrical yesterday, ordered the doors, and expect to have things delivered today.  The contractor should start tomorrow.

Due to a wood allergy that popped up last week and kicked me hard smiley=slap.gif bang head, new dust collection and air filtration is coming as well.  (Never had a real problem before, but I ain't gonna' go through that again without a fight!).  My MD said that over time you can develop an allergy----well, I'm developing!  Wink Grin

The SawStop table saw should be in this week and a new bandsaw should arrive next week-----or, I am "told" they will be here next week.  I also ordered some maple bench tops and leg sets.  I found this was less costly than building my own, and I needed a table to have a place to build a table.   smiley=doh.gif

The vortex continues!!!!!!!!

I've fallen into the vortex and been nicknamed "Wood Doctor" by a Mississippian!  Life is good!
Richard Bachman eversdorf  
IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #62 - Mar 21st, 2012 at 7:43pm

Okay, walls are going up, lumber is delivered, contractors are showing up, checks haven't bounced and wife is happy.  Life is good and I am Blessed!  Thanks G!

I've fallen into the vortex and been nicknamed "Wood Doctor" by a Mississippian!  Life is good!
IP Logged

Michael DeWald

What?

western NY, New York, USA
western NY
New York
USA

Reply #63 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 12:56am

Nice. ^

"We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem." Douglas Adams

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Richard Beversdorf

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #64 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 5:25pm

Things are starting to come together.  Tomorrow the roof gets framed and the electrical gets started.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
A 6x8 closet/storage room

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Front of the building with window on left and doorway on right framed in.

Back of shop with 6 foot door on right and dust collector and air compressor closet on left.

From inside the old shed looking into the back addition.  Double Doors on left, closet on right.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2012 at 5:31pm by Richard Beversdorf »  

IP Logged

Mike Baber
WR Addict
WR Supporter

When all else fails, ask
someone who knows!

Cross Hill, South Carolina, USA
Cross Hill
South Carolina
USA

Reply #65 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:46pm

Looking good their Richard, hope you have good weather tomorrow, its been storming up our way and it was headed your way this evening. smiley=thumbsup.gif

Wizzy

IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #66 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 9:03pm

Thanks, Wizzy! smiley=dankk2.gif  I hope the rain stays off of us.  I really want to get a lot done tomorrow as we're already behind schedule about a week.  I hope to be turning in that new shop on my birthday in a couple weeks!  So getting the roof framed in and the electric run is a big goal for the weekend.   smiley=thumbsup.gif Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #67 - Mar 24th, 2012 at 2:08am

looking good Richard. smiley=thumbsup.gif

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Chuck Beland
WR Addict

I got my eyes on you.

Reply #68 - Mar 24th, 2012 at 5:21am

That's going to be one sweet man cave.  smiley=beer.gif

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #69 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:27pm

Rain hit us hard and slowed things down a bit this weekend.  So, we're pushed a bit more behind schedule.  But we did get nearly everything framed and a lot of the electric pulled and the rafters in.

This shows the right side of the shop with some of the electric.  The orange is 220 and the yellow 110. 

This shows the left side of the shop, almost a mirror image of the right.

If all goes well, it'll be covered and sheeted in this time next week.  I'm very anxious!  But still a lot to get done in the next two weeks!

IP Logged

Breck Whitworth
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Gulfport, Mississippi, USA
Gulfport
Mississippi
USA

PM 3520-B
Reply #70 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:22pm

I am so proud for you Richard I know how great it is to see your shop come into being. And doing it yourself whether actually building it or supervising it into existance makes it even better. But baby you haven't seen nothing yet! Wait until you start turning in there, your wife will be looking for you all the time and guess where you will be? Smiley Smiley Smiley

May the Lord Bless the work of our hands! And Necessity is the mother of invention:

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Richard Beversdorf

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #71 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 6:44am

Thanks, Breck!  We've been very blessed.  Unfortunately I had to hire most of this out.  My back is shot from pushing things too hard in the past.  So I have to take things easy to help avoid extensive disk surgery or replacement.  But I still get out there and do what I can.

Goals for this week:

Complete Framing
Complete electrical
Get siding up
Finish Attic Floor
Install Pull Down Stairs
Paint over the weekend!

Here's a draft layout I made using the Grizzly program.

Thanks again!

RB
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2012 at 9:52am by Richard Beversdorf »  

IP Logged

John Lawson
WR Addict

Wombats rule!

The Adirondacks, New York, USA
The Adirondacks
New York
USA

Reply #72 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:55am

Where are you going to put the pull-down stairs?  Looking at your diagram, there aren't a lot of places that don't run afoul of equipment or lighting.

I've put in pull-down stairs, and if you were thinking of doing it yourself, please think again.

Being well-read is not the same as knowing what you are doing.

IP Logged

Richard Beversdorf

WR Rocks!

Pawleys Island
South Carolina
USA

Reply #73 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 4:44pm

John Lawson wrote on Mar 26th, 2012 at 11:55am:
Where are you going to put the pull-down stairs?  Looking at your diagram, there aren't a lot of places that don't run afoul of equipment or lighting.

I've put in pull-down stairs, and if you were thinking of doing it yourself, please think again.

John,

I think they're going near the upper right corner near the double doors.  And I've already put in a pull down stair self abuse project bang head.  I'll let the carpenter do it this time smiley=lolk.gif!   Wink Grin

IP Logged

John Lawson
WR Addict

Wombats rule!

The Adirondacks, New York, USA
The Adirondacks
New York
USA

Reply #74 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 8:07pm

Make sure they don't put them in backwards!  You want to come in the double doors and straight up the stairs?

When I put them in my house in NJ, I hired my daughter's then-boyfriend to help me.  Three times as strong as me, and couldn't hammer a nail in straight to save his life.  Would get all over-excited, pound the bejeezus out of it, and we'd have to pull it and start over.  I finally got a Grizzly air palm nailer to handle the awkward ones.  It worked good.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2012 at 8:10pm by John Lawson »  

Being well-read is not the same as knowing what you are doing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Send Topic Print