Featured Artist (Read 625 times)

William Hutchinson

Eastern Tennessee, Tennessee, USA
Eastern Tennessee
Tennessee
USA

Featured Artist
Mar 11th, 2012 at 4:59am

The last featured artist was in 2007. With the outstanding turnings by the talented members, why has this section of the site become neglected? Might I suggest that instead of a full bio and gallery, that this section be revamped to showcase a turning of the week. It would be form of peer recognition and provide inspiration for us newer turners. The moderators or a group of senior members could select the piece for each week and give a brief critique.

Just a thought, what do you think?   

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Dave Miller

Isn't it good Norwegian
wood!

Franklin, TN, Tennessee, USA
Franklin, TN
Tennessee
USA

Re: Featured Artist
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 5:55am

William,

Actually there has been a featured member each month since 2008.  When I first saw your post I couldn't understand but then I figured it out.  Don't use the "Featured Artist" link above.  Go to the main Woodturner's Resource page Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and scroll down to the Featured Member area and click on the Featured Memeber Archive.  Not sure why the Featured Artist link above isn't the same thing.

IP Logged

William Hutchinson

Eastern Tennessee, Tennessee, USA
Eastern Tennessee
Tennessee
USA

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 8:01am

Never mind..... I guess us, er' me, newer turners should explore the entire website before opening their big mouths smiley=doh.gif

IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 9:13am

The Featured Artist wasn't neglected, just our focus has changed.

The Featured Artist was started by Chris (WR's founder) and displayed big name turners that weren't necessarily members but are turners that have inspired many of us.

I started the Featured Member which is now expertly directed by Dave Hamonn,  to showcase our members.

But you never know, there still might be additions to the Featured Artist section.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print