Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to Post Pics? (Read 1,134 times)

Joe Oberhausen

WR Rocks!

How to Post Pics?
Feb 24th, 2013 at 9:34am

Some of you just sighed, But I just am not familiar with posting pics on any web,E-mail etc. I do not really know  what to look for   any help?

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
John Long

WR Rocks!

Lutz, Florida, USA
Lutz
Florida
USA

Re: How to Post Pics?
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 9:40am

I also need help in posting pics. Not very good with a computer as my job did not require much use in them. Have gotten more familiar with them since I have retired. Have my pictures from the Florida Woodturning Symposium and some items I have made that I would really like to post. Thanks for yours help.

Do you have a link that explains the procedure???

IP Logged

Yuval Lahav

Who 'dat?

Ladispoli, Italy
Ladispoli
Italy

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 9:55am

As far as I can see, there are 2 ways to post pics to this forum, the first, as an attachment, but there are limits, the forum limits you to 4 images per post, and they can't be more then 75Kb in size, so you have to make your pictures smaller, and lesser quality to post them as attachments, to do that (post them, I won't get into image editing at the moment, but google this, I'm sure there are online, on the fly, image conversion tools you can use, I'll look for one and post here later), click on the little "+" sign near the "Attachments" tag below your message window when you write your post, to add more images then the one already present when you start.
Click on "Browse", and navigate to your picture, click "done", and it will upload the picture when you submit the post.
The second method is posing the image inside the post it self with the code tags, but there is a "problem" with that, since you will have to upload your pictures to an online server, where they will be hosted, and you link them in your post... if you have a place (an old site??) where you can upload your pictures to, do so, and then look above the input window when writing a post, there is a small icon of a picture between the folders icon (ftp link) and mail icon (insert email), click that and it will create a code tags, a space where you can put the url (the link) for your image, and when people will open your post, the images will load from your server into your post.

Hope this helps.

Well, what can I tell you? Life in the wide world goes on much as if it has past age. Full of its own comings and goings, scarcely even aware of the existence of Hobbits...,  ...for which I am very thankful.
Yuval Lahav  
IP Logged

Breck Whitworth
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Gulfport, Mississippi, USA
Gulfport
Mississippi
USA

PM 3520-B
Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 10:12am

One way to reduce you photo's to the 74kb requirement necessary for downloading is as follows: I open the picture from what ever file you have them in then click one to open it. rt. click on your photo you will see (open with) move your mouse over it and another panel will be seen click on (paint) When this opens you will see at the top left some choices click on (image) a new list will open, you will see (resize/skew) click on it a new box will open with places to change the horizontal % and vertical % What I do is to reduce both to 50% then click OK. Then save as: if you do this twice your photo's will be reduced to 45-50kb and then they can be down loaded but they won't be  reduced in size on the screen when posted. I am sure there is an easier way but my son taught me and it works.With a little practice it gets easy

May the Lord Bless the work of our hands! And Necessity is the mother of invention:

IP Logged

Bert Delisle
WR Addict

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Calgary
Alberta
Canada

Vicmarc 300
Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 10:23am

On my Ipad I just send the picture to myself with gmail app. This lets you pick the size to send. The small size is always less than 75 kb. Then I save the email attachment to my desk top or camera roll and use that folder to select it to upload to the forum. it works for me.

IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 10:53am

Take a look in our FAQs

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

John Long

WR Rocks!

Lutz, Florida, USA
Lutz
Florida
USA

Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 1:53pm

Thanks for all the help. Will be getting the kids in here in a little while to help explain it to me and make a cheat sheet.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print