Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  Featured Artist    Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   Event Calendar   Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chrome Users - Where's the Video! (Read 1,457 times)

Rick Hutcheson

WR Rocks!

Chrome Users - Where's the Video!
Mar 7th, 2013 at 11:24am

Where is the link to the video? I just see a big blank space.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Bob Hamilton
WR Addict

Forest, Ontario, Canada, Ontario, Canada
Forest, Ontario, Canada
Ontario
Canada

Re: Chrome Users - Where's the Video!
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 6:08pm

Hi, Rick:
I am with you.  I don't see the video, either.  Until, that is, I use a different browser.  My normal browser is Chrome and I cannot see the video windows in Chrome.  When I look at the same message using either IE or Firefox the video shows up fine.  I have no idea what has changed, since they worked fine in Chrome before.  I will send a PM to Ron.

Bob

IP Logged

Bob Hamilton
WR Addict

Forest, Ontario, Canada
Ontario
Canada

Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2013 at 9:52pm

Rick:
Ron found this link which describes how to fix the glitch in Chrome:  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I followed the instructions and I can now see the media windows in these threads while using Chrome.  Apparently there was an automatic update in Chrome in the last day or so that messed things up.

Take care
Bob

IP Logged

Alan Dick
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Buffalo, New York, USA
Buffalo
New York
USA

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2013 at 7:11pm

I constantly have this problem with this website when I use my iPad.  No problem when I use my PC.

IP Logged

Rev. Doug Miller
WR Addict

Working flat so I can
support my addiction.

Hardinsburg, KY, Kentucky, USA
Hardinsburg, KY
Kentucky
USA

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 5:24pm

Alan, it is a problem with PC vs. Apple.  I have the same issue but have gotten to the point that I don't even look at the video section of the forum until I'm either at home or on my laptop at work with NOTHING to do.  Then I enjoy it for a few minutes.
Cool

Mentor, Hardinsburg, KY. Basics, bowls, platters, hollow forms, pens. Send PM for more information or make reservation

Ears Are The Most
Important Tools For
Communication
WWW cmdmiller Doug Miller  
IP Logged

Paul Kane

WR Rocks!

Belfast, Ireland
Belfast
Ireland

Re: Call for safe wood turning videos
Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:54pm

I have only joined your Forum,I am a complete Novice at wood turning, What got me attracted was Segmented Turnings, I would like to give it a go,so I watch as many videos as possible,to pick up ideas, but I am having a problem, trying to watch your videos, most of the first link ,has no link to the video, maybe it's because I am only a new member? Could you sort this out for me please.     Paul

Paul

IP Logged

Bob Hamilton
WR Addict

Forest, Ontario, Canada
Ontario
Canada

Reply #6 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 12:10am

Hi, Paul:
I moved your post to the "Site Help" forum and put it into a thread from a month or so back where others (including me) were having trouble seeing the videos.  If you check the third posting in the thread there is a solution that worked for me.  If you are not using Chrome as your browser and still can't see the videos you should start a new thread in the "Site Help" forum because I don't have a clue what would be causing it.  You should see an embedded video window in each of the video threads and all you need to do is click "Play".  I will add a copy of this PM to the end of the thread so if you don't notice you have a PM hopefully you will see it there.

Good Luck!
Bob

IP Logged

george edley

seaside, oregon, Oregon, USA
seaside, oregon
Oregon
USA

Reply #7 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 2:17pm

there is another possible solution...BUT......this is a SERIOUS "use at your own risk" kind of deal....

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

so long as you have QUALITY anti-virus software running and up to date, you are at little risk......but there IS still a risk.

if, for some unknown reason, you DO NOT have an anti-virus program installed and running, try AVIRA. it's not only free, but it's constantly updated, and is rated better than both norton and mcafee.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2013 at 2:22pm by george edley »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print