WR Devotee

Jigaholic

Mansfield, Texas, USA
Mansfield
Texas
USA

My space
Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:57pm

It was time to change the carpet runners to the washer/dryer and fridge, so it made a good time to clean and take pictures. One highlite is my home made cabnet for my table saw.  Or should I say workbench.  Its the first time the top has seen daylight in a long time.  My bandsaw has taken most of the honors on cutting wood.  I am also proud of my home made lathe.  Baldor 3 hp, variable speed, and 24 inch swing.  Yep, its made of wood.  I brought the Craftsman lathe out of retirement to do my minatures.  You may have noticed the foil on the antenna of the radios, it helps on receiving calls from the mothership.  My space is a one car garage that hasn't see a car in it since '75.  Everything except the lathe are on wheels.  Comments welcome. 
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:58pm by steve rost »  
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register shop_009_01.JPG (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register shop_002_01.JPG (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register shop_003_01.JPG (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register shop_006_01.JPG (Attachment deleted)

One measure of a great craftsman is how well he can hide his mistakes!

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Bert Delisle
WR Devotee

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Calgary
Alberta
Canada

Vicmarc 300
Re: My space
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 6:51pm

Very nice, but I can see the floor!! Huh isn't there supposed to be a layer of wood curlies on everything?  smiley=lolk.gif

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:59pm

very nice.  lots of fun in this shop. smiley=beer.gif

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

dennis nagle
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Waterford, Michigan, USA
Waterford
Michigan
USA

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 6:07am

Very nice shop.  How do you like the Laguna bandsaw?

It took me a bit to figure out that the first shop was not a lathe but a drum sander.  I like that one.

OK, its early and I just woke up.  I just "read" your post.....it is a lathe.  How good.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2013 at 6:10am by dennis nagle »  

My Art webpage

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

steve rost
WR Devotee

Jigaholic

Mansfield, Texas, USA
Mansfield
Texas
USA

Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 7:37am

My Laguna is an older model, before they did a retooling of their product line.  I was very disappointed for several years with it.  I had to do extensive set up and adjusting to get it to saw accurately.  But it soon was my go-to saw.  Now I cannot do without it.

One measure of a great craftsman is how well he can hide his mistakes!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print