Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  Featured Artist    Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   Event Calendar   Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Strike two (or maybe ball one) (Read 2,130 times)

Ed Weber
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Re: Strike two (or maybe ball one)
Reply #15 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 1:18pm

If you're using a bandsaw for cutting your segments, here is "one" simple method
First, I recommend to anyone with a BS, make a sled. It doesn't have to be fancy,(just look at mine) it just has to functional. A stop block or at least a decent area to clamp is really all that's needed. Once you have a basic sled, there are many way to set the desired angle. You can draw lines you can use wedges or shims, whatever. I made some simple templates out of plywood. Just cut them to the proper angle and that's it.
Simple, safe and repeatable, I think you can get the idea from the pics.
Hope this helps some of you.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register img_2609.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register img_2618.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register img_2620.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register img_2621a.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Martin Drummond

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, USA
Blue Bell
Pennsylvania
USA

Re: Strike two (or maybe ball one)
Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2013 at 4:49pm

not too bad Jack,its not as easy as it looks segmenting and any effort is better than none and iam sure as you turn more your efforts will be rewarded,

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print