Justin Morris

WR Rocks!

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Avondale
Arizona
USA

My Shop on wheels
Jun 20th, 2013 at 10:53pm

So my fiance is always having me move all my wood working machines around for one reason or another and it gets to be pretty cumbersome. So today I decided to build my "Shop on wheels" I am going to mount all my commonly used tools around the edges of this giant table on wheels I built, while the less common ones get stored below. I am going to run a plywood skirt along the top edges with all sorts of hangers for hand tools also. This way when she wants me to move all my stuff or clean the garage, I can just wheel it to the corner.

Right now its the same height as my table saw so it can work as an out feed table, but I am eventually going to make a hinged add on so that I can lift my table saw up into place and lock it there.

Enough talking about it... here is the big ugly behemoth on wheels, that will soon be my "shop"

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Justin Morris

WR Rocks!

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Avondale
Arizona
USA

Re: My Shop on wheels
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 1:18am

Well, moved the giant bench into my corner of the garage, along with all of my other stuff that was outside of my "area"... looks like it got hit by a tornado.

Guess this is what happens when you are allowed 1/3 of a 3 car garage for your shop, and then you start expanding your territory. Then the woman of the house informs you that you have broken a treaty and that you need to pull your troops back before she ends the cease fire... lol.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:08am

one does what one has too.  a creative and useful solution. smiley=thumbsup.gif

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

dennis nagle
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Waterford, Michigan, USA
Waterford
Michigan
USA

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:21am

Perfect!!!

My Art webpage

IP Logged

Gary R Webb

WR Rocks!

Peoria AZ, Arizona, USA
Peoria AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 9:36am

Justin
I'm in Peoria off of Olive not to far from you, if you and your lady are in the area stop in and see how I put my shop together maybe you'll get some ideas are give me some. smiley=thumbsup.gif
   Spider

The wife said I never listen  at least thats what i think she said

IP Logged

Walt Nollan
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Hanford, California, USA
Hanford
California
USA

PM 3520A
Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2013 at 8:49pm

Looks good Justin.

IP Logged

Justin Morris

WR Rocks!

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Avondale
Arizona
USA

Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:19am

Thanks guys!

Gary, I am off Dysart and Osborn, so Olive is give or take 4 miles from my place. Depending on where on Olive you are you may be really close.

IP Logged

Justin Morris

WR Rocks!

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Avondale
Arizona
USA

Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 2:25am

I started a new project today too. I am sick of my little "contractor" table saw. Its a cheapy Ryobi I got a long time ago. it cuts wood fine but the fence (edited out) and the table isn't wide enough for my liking. So I am building a new table for it and a rolling 2 wheeled box for it (lift and pull style)

After getting the factory table off I see I am in for a doozy of a project. I have to build a mid frame that will go under the melamine table but above the saw housing and mount the pivot rod to that so that the saw doesn't go all whacky on me when I adjust the angle... starting to think spending $600 on the giant porter cable saw at lowes would have been a smarter choice lol. Hopefully with some down and dirty precise measuring and lots of attention to detail I can end up with a saw that is just as good as one that is much more expensive. If not, I will have a bunch of scrap wood and an excuse to buy a new toy.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Guy Bratt
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Richmond, Michigan, USA
Richmond
Michigan
USA

Robust American Beauty
Rikon 70-100
Reply #8 - Jun 23rd, 2013 at 11:44am

Justin...  If this link works this fellow builds a nice table saw setup.   It might give you some good ideas. 

Old, Fat,n Ugly...I shed 100 pounds this year.  Still old.  Still ugly. But what can you do at this age?
You know? If you knew me you'd see my avatar and I really look a lot alike.

IP Logged

gary marquardt

WR Rocks!

Saline, Michigan, USA
Saline
Michigan
USA

Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 8:54am

Justin, probably too late  now but.  there was an article in Popular Woodworking about  a year ago where the guy has a saw like yours and  jut  built a new top to  fit over the existing one. I followed the directions and built one  for my  small saw.  took a  good afternoon to  do it but it worked.  I probably  have an extra copy of the   mag.

IP Logged

Justin Morris

WR Rocks!

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Avondale
Arizona
USA

Reply #10 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:37pm

I had taken the factory top off my saw, and started building a mid frame to go between the motor and the table since the whole setup hangs from a bar. I couldn't get the bar mounted in a way where it allows the saw to swing freely for angle adjustments easily, so I put the saw back together and am just going to build a table around the factory table.

But I am taking my sweet time with that now because I keep looking on craigslist for a used cabinet saw of a better brand. Hoping to find one at a great deal, just have to keep looking.

IP Logged

Jack Savona
WR Noob

Reply #11 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 1:20pm

After 44 blissful (Roll Eyes) years married to the most patient and beautiful woman on the planet, who has stayed with me despite who I am, my advise to you is to choose your battles VERY carefully.  "Yes. Dear" is better than, No way!" and "You're right, Dear" is better than, 'You're so-o-o-o wrong!"

"It would REALLY make me happy if I could...." can be heard better if you appreciate her and her concerns and express them in a sincere & honest way.  This isn't manipulation;  it's just a shared relationship. 

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #12 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 11:20pm

Jack Savona wrote on Jun 30th, 2013 at 1:20pm:
After 44 blissful (Roll Eyes) years married to the most patient and beautiful woman on the planet, who has stayed with me despite who I am, my advise to you is to choose your battles VERY carefully.  "Yes. Dear" is better than, No way!" and "You're right, Dear" is better than, 'You're so-o-o-o wrong!"

"It would REALLY make me happy if I could...." can be heard better if you appreciate her and her concerns and express them in a sincere & honest way.  This isn't manipulation;  it's just a shared relationship. 

congratulations on 44 years of happiness.

also, well stated. Smiley

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print