What have I got into??

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands

PM 3520b
Jet 1220
Flat Work Today
Aug 24th, 2013 at 3:16pm

And tomorrow and maybe a bit of another.  I am building Drawers for my Work Bench.  Taking our the cabinet doors and putting in drawers should make storage much easier and give me more space.

Dang,   it's hot out there.  I had to make a couple of sawhorses this morning.  Now just drinking lots of water and cutting drawer sides.

When I am turning I can close the doors and turn on the AC.  Have to have the doors open now.

Len

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."   MLK
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
David Hamann
WR Administrator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Re: Flat Work Today
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 8:59pm

get yourself a electric fan to blow on you.  helps.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Don Davis

Safety first!

Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Stillwater
Oklahoma
USA

Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 6:19am

Len Layman wrote on Aug 24th, 2013 at 3:16pm:
Dang,   it's hot out there.  I had to make a couple of sawhorses this morning.  Now just drinking lots of water and cutting drawer sides.

When I am turning I can close the doors and turn on the AC.  Have to have the doors open now.

I was about to suggest that perhaps it would be good to let that project wait another month or two for cooler weather........ then I remembered where you live. No real seasons, right?

I had to grin when I read your thread. This man who worked out of a box on the back porch, in the weather... seems to be getting a wee bit spoiled. Isn't that great!  Grin

(I definitely relate. Without my little AC unit there would be very few days I would be turning!)

IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 10:15am

A/C??  I work in an open garage in Phoenix!  If I finish by 10:30am, it is usually still under 100°.

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Len Layman
WR Addict

What have I got into??

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands

PM 3520b
Jet 1220
Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 10:36am

Don Davis wrote on Aug 26th, 2013 at 6:19am:
seems to be getting a wee bit spoiled.

Don your right and proud of it.   Grin Grin

I have all the drawers done ( I took the easy way and used pocket screw construction.)  Now I just have to mount them and the pretty them up with fronts.

Then fill them up in a manner that I might be able to recall what is where.   In a couple of the them I will   design and install some dividers.   When done it will be nice and functional.   I hope.

Don, I wish I had put in a bigger AC unit, this one (5000 BTU) will keep it about 90 running full time.  But that is better than the 110 without the AC.  I realized real quick that I needed insulation in the ceiling that helped some.  If this one goes out I will replace with a bit bigger one.  So again, yes I am getting spoiled but, heck, I deserve it.   Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2013 at 10:44am by Len Layman »  

Len

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."   MLK
IP Logged

Don Davis

Safety first!

Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA
Stillwater
Oklahoma
USA

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 6:59am

Len Layman wrote on Aug 26th, 2013 at 10:36am:
So again, yes I am getting spoiled but, heck, I deserve it. 

They tell me that with age comes wisdom..... this sounds like positive proof of that!  Smiley

I look forward to seeing pictures as I need some inspiration for a similar project since I acquired that 46-460. The stand is ok, but it just has a few holes for vertical storage... not terribly good.

If I may suggest... one of the little "split system" heat pumps like Mitsubishi or Daikon make would be near perfect if you can find one at a reasonable price.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print