WR Rocks!

Frederick, Maryland, USA
Frederick
Maryland
USA

Banners
Nov 2nd, 2013 at 4:51pm

Hi Folks,

Wanted to give you the information on how to get a banner for your tent at a pretty low cost.

You certainly can go to your local Speedy Print Shop or other graphic shops that are in about every town or city.

What I found online was a HUGE savings.

1st -  banner -   banner.com is the website.   We bought a 2' x 10' full color digital print, with gromments, hemmed sides and a pole pocket on the top only.  $55 plus ship.   Most shops in my area wanted $125 plus   (Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)

2nd - banner brackets -  so how do you hang that nice banner?  Noooo.. please don't just zip tie to the front.  It never looks right.   We found brackets for pop ups.  $40 plus ship..  just select the bracket - no fabric.  Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

3rd -  you need support for the pocket on the top of the banner.  what I found works best is  1"x 1" angle.   I buy a 5' and a 6' for the 10' banner.  The steel angle found at the box store is the type with all the holes drilled in.   We overlap 1' and use a bolt/nut to fasten.

Tip - At each of the banner where the angle iron stick out.  Rotate it so the flat part sits on top of the banner bracket.  We drilled a hole on the face of the banner bracket to match up with the hole in the angle iron.  1 simple thru bolt and your banner/angle iron is PERFECT.   Even in a strong wind it stays flat faced to the public.  We zip tie the bottom of the banner at the gromments to the banner bracket.

Here is our banner.   I can tell you that we have found this setup stands out vs anything else we've seen.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Peter Elliott
WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

Frederick, Maryland, USA
Frederick
Maryland
USA

Re: Banners
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2013 at 4:56pm

Let me also add that we "raise" the entire assembly so that the bottom of our banner is the same height as the tent fabric (4" that hangs down like a skirt).   In this picture, the banner is too low.   This was the side of our booth and left it low on purpose.

IP Logged

David Fritz
WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

wisconsin, Wisconsin, USA
wisconsin
Wisconsin
USA

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2013 at 9:01am

Very nice, thanks for the tips. Interesting hold downs.

Dave F.

IP Logged

Peter Elliott
WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

Frederick, Maryland, USA
Frederick
Maryland
USA

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 9:20am

Hardest part in the world was finding these banner brackets.  Especially sold separate.

I'll try to find a better picture because this one doesn't do it justice..

Can't say enough about the banner company.  Order a few more for some other things I do and top notch service, shipment, etc. 

IP Logged

JimQuarles
WR Addict
WR Patron

WR Rocks, BIG Time!

Glendale, AZ, Arizona, USA
Glendale, AZ
Arizona
USA

Reply #4 - Nov 24th, 2013 at 7:31pm

If you need a small banner, 36X19", Staples is running a special on them.  $5.00  I just ordered one to go on the front of my table.

Mentor Basics, Pens, small stuff, Acrylics, EasyRougher.
Just Turnin' Around!  Glendale, AZ  Cool Cool

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time.
I think I've forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

IP Logged

Steve Rollinson

If you're like me, and
I know I am...

Gifu, Japan
Gifu
Japan

Reply #5 - Nov 25th, 2013 at 7:23am

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way" -Mark Twain ...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print