• Featured Artist    • Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   • Event Calendar   • Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Email Hacked (Read 1,175 times)

Steve Doerr
WR Champion

Wood is one of God's hidden /> /> canvases.

Joplin, Missouri, USA
Joplin
Missouri
USA

Rikon 70-050VS
Jet 1642 EVS 2HP
Robust American Beauty
Email Hacked
Apr 4th, 2014 at 10:32pm

Once again, my email has been hacked after sending a PM thru this site.  This is the second time in less than a month.  I guess I should know better by now.  I would (as I'm sure everyone that uses this site would) really appreciate it if you would work on improving your fire wall and protecting those of us who frequent this site.
Steve

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Chuck Beland
WR Champion
Head WR Twit

I got my eyes on you.

Re: Email Hacked
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 4:39am

Steve easiest way is to send a PM to someone asking for their e-mail I have never used that function on any forum i am on. but hackers are way better than any firewall invented this isn't a gov't firewall so we can only get as good as we can
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2014 at 4:40am by Chuck Beland »  

The dog was created especially for children. He is the God of frolic.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/  
IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2014 at 7:15am

Steve Doerr wrote on Apr 4th, 2014 at 10:32pm:
Once again, my email has been hacked after sending a PM thru this site.  This is the second time in less than a month.  I guess I should know better by now.  I would (as I'm sure everyone that uses this site would) really appreciate it if you would work on improving your fire wall and protecting those of us who frequent this site.
Steve

Sorry Steve, is it impossible for your email to get hacked by sending a PM through this site.

Can you explain why you think this has happened?

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Steve Doerr
WR Champion

Wood is one of God's hidden /> /> canvases.

Joplin, Missouri, USA
Joplin
Missouri
USA

Rikon 70-050VS
Jet 1642 EVS 2HP
Robust American Beauty
Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2014 at 9:21pm

Just to let you all know, here is the PM I sent to Ron this morning.

Ron,
Thanks for your reply to my email.  Sorry I did not respond sooner.  I guess the saying about "assume" is correct.  My "thinking" in the heat of my frustration was that shortly after I was unmembered on WTR my first trouble with email hacking occurred.  The second round came right after my next PM on WTR was sent that it happened again.  Thus, my "scientific deduction" for the casuse of the problem.  After further investigation, I have found that my computer was not hacked but my email account provided was what got hacked or at least someone that I know got hacked and the virus listed my name as sender.  I sure wish people could find other ways of having "fun."
Thanks for removing my post. (He actually moved it to "Site Help.) I don't want to hinder the success of WTR.
Steve

IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2014 at 7:59am

Thanks Steve

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print