WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Cincinnati, Ohio, Ohio, USA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ohio
USA

Selling Buffed Items
Aug 3rd, 2014 at 4:04pm

If ash and oak can't be buffed with tripoli, and black walnut with white diamond (spots in pores), do those who buff everything not  turn open pored woods?  Or do you tell shoppers abbreviated buffing on those woods?  And if carnauba likely to waterspot, do you not wax anything that might be washed?  Wondering how to handle these situations.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Ed Weber
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Re: Selling Buffed Items
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 9:32am

I don't buff too many items as I prefer a finish that's a little more durable for most items.
Open pore woods IMO benefit by a coat of sanding sealer before buffing,. There are also different polishing compounds that you can purchase, example
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

That being said, I include a "wood care" card with each item that outlines the "care and feeding" of wooden items. Things like, don't place in dishwasher, direct sunlight can alter the color and waxed items can water spot are the type of things you can include.

IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Re: Selling Buffed Items
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2014 at 11:56am

Most shoppers don't care if its buffed as long as it looks good and smooth to the touch.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print