Jerry Marcantel

WR Rocks!

Tucson, Arizona, Arizona, USA
Tucson, Arizona
Arizona
USA

Resizing a Tenon
Sep 24th, 2014 at 9:12am

I posted another video to youtube. I am using my Chuck Plate to resize a tenon on a Catclaw burl I roughed out over a year ago and set aside. Over the weekend, I decided it was time to finish turn the beast and discovered the tenon was too large. After refitting to the proper tenon, I went ahead and reshaped the outside, and put on a bead. 19 minutes................. Jerry (in Tucson) 
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2014 at 9:16am by Bob Hamilton »  

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Lee Watermann

WR Rocks!

Re: Resizing a Tenon
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 8:03pm

Jerry, good to see you turning. I would have been reluctant to turn that piece. I use that chuck plate whenever I can and enjoy the round bar T rest you made me. Thumbs Up

IP Logged

Jerry Marcantel

WR Rocks!

Tucson, Arizona
Arizona
USA

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 9:21pm

Thanks  for watching, Lee. It took a total of 2 hours 24 minutes to get this piece ready for tenon removal. Yesterday, when I uploaded this video to youtube, it took almost 6 hours, and it's only 19 minutes long. I have to change my camera setting I suppose............. .......Jerry (in Tucson)

IP Logged

Mike Stephens

Make it Out of Wood

Long Island, NY, New York, USA
Long Island, NY
New York
USA

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 5:58pm

Very cool face plate Jerry. Thanks for sharing.

Got a web site?

Your not the one who plays piano. I'm the one who plays piano.
IP Logged

Jerry Marcantel

WR Rocks!

Tucson, Arizona
Arizona
USA

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 6:27pm

Sorry Mike, I'm not smarter than my computer, so, No, no website yet. I'll look into that at the next turners meeting in 2 weeks. Maybe I can find someone local to help me design one. Yep, give him a Chuck Plate, and he can design a website for me. Cheesy
Thanks for watching my video. What you saw in the video is only half of the Chuck Plate potential. It also helps me at the end, when I'm ready to remove the tenon. I do that between centers with the aid of a live center I invented.
That has to remain hidden from view until my Patent Attorney tells me it's ok to make it public.
When my forms come off the lathe, the bottoms are completely done. I've just started experimenting with putting on a finish before I remove forms from the lathe. I'll see how I like that. Stay tuned, and one day, you'll see my live center............ Jerry (in Tucson)
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2014 at 6:28pm by Jerry Marcantel »  

IP Logged

Mike Stephens

Make it Out of Wood

Long Island, NY, New York, USA
Long Island, NY
New York
USA

Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 10:08pm

Looking forward to it Jerry.

Good luck.  Thumbs Up

Your not the one who plays piano. I'm the one who plays piano.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print