WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Hainesville, Illinois, USA
Hainesville
Illinois
USA

ETSY
Nov 11th, 2014 at 9:07am

is etsy a good place to sell your work i have done some art shows and have done well and have done poor, which can be disapointing. Just got back into turning since my shoulder surgery and have been thinking of setting up a sight on etsy

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Wes Murphy

WR Rocks!

Rapid City, South Dakota, USA
Rapid City
South Dakota
USA

Re: ETSY
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 10:58am

Etsy can be a good community to join, but it can real fickle too.  I've been on it for several years and have some success, but not really enough to justify the cost.  I get plenty of lookers, many favorites, but no sales in a while.  I also promote my listings and that cost me about 30.00 dollars a month.  Silly?  Maybe, but you never know when that sale will happen.

wes.murphy2  
IP Logged

Jennifer Hasan

WR Rocks!

Beacon, ny, New York, USA
Beacon, ny
New York
USA

Re: ETSY
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 6:47pm

I have two stores on Etsy, one for wedding items and the other for rustic kitchen utensils and decor. I recommend that you watch some videos or read up on how to make money on Etsy. If you don't enjoying copy writing, posting images, photography, reviewing stats, etc. then think twice.

When I become a rich and famous woodturner (ha) maintaining my online presence will be the first thing I delegate.

Good luck,

Jenn

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print