papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
storage space
Feb 27th, 2015 at 10:25pm

2 years ago, my shop got cut in half, LOML wanted to park her car inside. so, i lost quite some storage space.  i currently have 2 workbenches back to back with a thin 2x4 on edge wall between them on which pegboard is hung for tool storage. my idea is to build a "spacer" for between the benches, to store sheet goods in the lower part and flat goods in the upper space while maintaining the pegboard and the top shelve. i am not going to put the plastic tray shelve back, will find a new home for it.

any other ideas or suggestions as to what i can do?? there is no time line, will probably do something in April.

Thanks

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register IMG_1786-640.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register overall-640.jpg (Attachment deleted)
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register dim-640.jpg (Attachment deleted)

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Re: storage space
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 2:26pm

I like your design idea. I have something similar.

Instead of benches on both sides I have a bench on only one side, sheet stock in the middle and flat stock on the other side.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 2:33pm

What is your ceiling height and clearance height under your garage door? Items that are not frequently used can go up and out of the way. I'm in the process of putting some upper storage in my garage shop right now.

IP Logged

David Hamann
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

papadave

Pasco WA, Washington, USA
Pasco WA
Washington
USA

Jet 1014VSI
Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2015 at 11:09pm

Ed,
have small storage over the door when open and larger storage over the hood of the car.  am storing cut sheet in the small space, but you need a ladder to get to it and it can only be accessed from one side, so is very awkward.

Ron,
workbench toward the front to act as table-saw out-feed table. bench on the other side is mini lathe. Smiley

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Ted Geisel

Be yourself, after all, everyone else is taken.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print