WR Addict

The Cross Guy

Carlos, Tx, Texas, USA
Carlos, Tx
Texas
USA

Hello again....
Jan 5th, 2016 at 10:30am

Been out for awhile.  Probably set a new record of overtime worked in 2015.  One OT check I was able to purchase a new $1200 trailer with cash and still have some OT $$$ left.  A blessing and a curse.  It meant that what little I got to do was done quick and rushed and nothing got put away and leftover scraps got piled.  Made some bosses mad by not working thru the Christmas break.  Spent the first week with family, then the second week was mine.  Got a storage unit up the road and I've began the process to empty my shop of absolutely everything so I can insulate and finish out the walls and ceiling an wiring.  I can tell you that 2015 was not a good year for me.  Just no feeling of accomplishment.  My shop has got to the place where it was a complete embarrassment.  Hundreds of hours at work and it was still not enough to get it all done.  My promise to myself in 2016 is to get the shop how I want it and get back to doing what I need to be doing.  Pic 1 is opening the door and not touching anything.  Pic 2 is after three trailer loads of cleaned up tools and equipment to storage and maybe 10 trailer loads to a New Years Eve bonfire.  Second pic is right before closing the door on Sunday afternoon.

It's a 24 X 24 shop.  While in the emptying of the bowels project, I realized that with all the junk, I probably was ever only using less than half.  Hopefully I can get it back to where I want it in a reasonable time and get moved back in.  I'm still thinking that something mustard colored would fir in real nice.  Especially when it's all done the way I want it.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Charlie Zapalac
WR Addict

The Cross Guy

Carlos, Tx, Texas, USA
Carlos, Tx
Texas
USA

Re: Hello again....
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 10:38am

I did find some nice turning chunks and other really nice planks of wood I had forgotten about.  I'm now down to a little left on the floor and what I piled on the shelving and workbench.  The next phase it to go thru all of that and get rid of busted tools and other junk that has just collected.

Phase 3 will be removing the shelving and workbench to get it all down to bare studs, then I''ll add the plugs and air lines that I've always wanted and is in the pile somewhere.

Phase 4 will be to insulate and plywood the workbench area, then I'll get that back in, then I'll probably insulate any finish out sections of walls as paychecks allow. 

Not sure how I'm going to finish out the ceiling.  I'd like to leave it open and finish out the backs of the rafters.  I may look into removing a section of ceiling joists and making one end into a loft like area.

I have some heat in there now.  Just an electric unit with no ducting.  I'd like to add ac before this summer is over.

IP Logged

Len Layman
WR Patron

What have I got into??

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands

PM 3520b
Jet 1220
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2016 at 10:42am

Mustard would be a nice color to ad to that decor!  Wink Wink

Len

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."   MLK
IP Logged

Charlie Zapalac
WR Addict

The Cross Guy

Carlos, Tx, Texas, USA
Carlos, Tx
Texas
USA

Reply #3 - Jan 27th, 2016 at 7:45am

Making very nice progress.  Will share some new pics this weekend.  It's become so nice that I have now spent time just sitting in my shop doing noting but soaking in the good feeling of accomplishment and joy that a nice clean shop brings.  Should be adding another bundle of insulation this weekend.  I got all of the soffits closed this past weekend.  Boy what a difference it makes when 2/3 of your heat doesn't blow strait out.  Yesterday I discovered that we have a Habitat thrift store.  I'm going to stop by there and see if they have any insulation and plywood for my walls.  Might as well send my $$$ to them as local people will directly benefit.  I have a stack of white ceramic tile that if you walk into Lowes and purchase it, it will cost exactly $1,000.  If they can use it maybe I'll give them the thousand bucks worth of tile if they'll trade it for $250 worth of insulation.  Worth asking especially if they end up with more $ value than I do.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2016 at 8:07am by Charlie Zapalac »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print