Friction Pad (Read 528 times)

william trench

WR Rocks!

South Salem, USA
South Salem
USA

Friction Pad
Mar 24th, 2016 at 6:50am

I found this stuff a while ago after trying a number of different materials. It compresses to nothing even if there are different layers/folds and won't affect truing. A single layer is all I use but it can also be folded to create a thicker pad. It imparts nothing to the wood and doesn't affect the finish. It holds beautifully with minimal pressure and is easy to position. I use it for both turning and sanding. Drawer/shelf liner from the hardware store. This piece is three years old. Also note rubber plug turned to fit the tail center and the extension bearing on the bottom and not the rim.
Bill
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2016 at 7:18am by william trench »  

wood turned good
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW kitchawanwood  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Tim Hyatt
WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

Charleston WV, West Virginia, USA
Charleston WV
West Virginia
USA

Re: Friction Pad
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 11:40am

i've been using this stuff since i saw a piece cut into a circle as a "decorative" placemat under a cake plate at a friends birthday party....   I did go with the slightly heavier version intended for under small carpets; it's essentially the same stuff, but a little thicker and seems to be a little spongier   It's worked quite well..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print