Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  ē Featured Artist    ē Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   ē Event Calendar   ē Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Deals at AAW Symposium? (Read 393 times)

Joe Penn
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Canton, Georgia, USA
Canton
Georgia
USA

Jet 1642 EVS
Deals at AAW Symposium?
May 4th, 2016 at 7:37am

Has anyone been to an AAW Symposium? Are there deals on items? Iím in the market for a couple of things, tools not big ticket items, and I will be at the symposium in Atlanta. Since itís just a few weeks away I donít mind waiting until then before I purchase anything, if itís worth the wait.

I realize I wonít have to pay shipping, if a vendor has what I want at the symposium, and I also realize no one gives anything away. Iíve been to woodworking shows where items were for sale at a discount and Iíve been to some where there wasnít any sort of discount, even on the last day. So, does anyone have firsthand knowledge about AAW event?

Neither famous, nor infamous.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Len Layman
WR Moderator

What have I got into??

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands

PM 3520b
Jet 1220
Re: Deals at AAW Symposium?
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2016 at 1:04pm

Some vendors have show specials and some don't.† Just a warning. AAW Symposium is addicting. I do not think you will find a wider range of tool and equipment in one place at the same time.

I try to be frugal with my dollars and not buy every neat tool that is made. But I would be lying if told you I was successful at it.† There are some other members here that are affected the same way. (Right Larry?)
The greatest part of the weekend is the demonstrations and the knowledge just waiting for you to absorb.
I think you will love it.† I hope to meet you during the event.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2016 at 8:48pm by Len Layman »  

Len

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."† †MLK
IP Logged

Ron Carrabotta
WR Supporter

WR Rocks!

Dawsonville, ga, Georgia, USA
Dawsonville, ga
Georgia
USA

Jet 1014 VS
Jet 1642 -2EVS
Powermatic 3520B
Reply #2 - May 4th, 2016 at 2:00pm

When my wife and I went to our first regional symposium a few years back, on the drive over we said to each other "we don't need anything, so let's not buy anything". By the time we left the afternoon of the second day, we had spent over $2000.00 on stuff we "didn't need". Now it's 5 years later and there's still stuff we "don't need". Grin Grin

We're getting excited about the upcoming National Symposium, volunteering for several jobs etc., hope to see you all there. We'll be working registration on Fri & Sat so say hi. Smiley Smiley Smiley

It is easier to be forgiven than to get permission!

IP Logged

Joe Penn
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Canton, Georgia, USA
Canton
Georgia
USA

Jet 1642 EVS
Reply #3 - May 4th, 2016 at 3:23pm

Len Layman wrote on May 4th, 2016 at 1:04pm:
Some vendors have show specials and some don't.† Just a warning. AAW Symposium is addicting. I do not think you will find a wider range of tool and equipment in one place at the same time.

Yeah, I'm a little leery of that aspect of the symposium.

Len Layman wrote on May 4th, 2016 at 1:04pm:
The greatest part of the weekend is the demonstrations and the knowledge just waiting for you to absorb.
I think you will love it.† I hope to met you during the event.

That portion I'm looking forward to. I'll look for you at the event.

IP Logged

Joe Penn
WR Patron

WR Rocks!

Canton, Georgia, USA
Canton
Georgia
USA

Jet 1642 EVS
Reply #4 - May 4th, 2016 at 3:30pm

Ron Carrabotta wrote on May 4th, 2016 at 2:00pm:
When my wife and I went to our first regional symposium a few years back, on the drive over we said to each other "we don't need anything, so let's not buy anything". By the time we left the afternoon of the second day, we had spent over $2000.00 on stuff we "didn't need". Now it's 5 years later and there's still stuff we "don't need". Grin Grin

We're getting excited about the upcoming National Symposium, volunteering for several jobs etc., hope to see you all there. We'll be working registration on Fri & Sat so say hi. Smiley Smiley Smiley

I have a MINI car event in a few days and then the Symposium. So I have two big and fun events in the next six weeks and I'll be at the Symposium all four days looking, helping and shopping.

I'll look for you.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2016 at 3:32pm by Joe Penn »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print