Send Topic Print
Sales volume (Read 567 times)

Paul Roberts
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Rikon 100
Sales volume
Jun 11th, 2016 at 9:16am

Newbie here, try to keep it brief. Been selling our work for 10 years through Fine Art Galleries, have sold over 540 items. Started with 2 galleries, couldn't keep up with the demand & actually made a reasonable profit, not counting for our time.

Today, we are in 10 galleries & sales have been slower than slow. Our larger bowls have sold from about $250 to $450 Retail, candle holders from $55 to $95 Retail. We have several galleries with a special sale of Any bowl $55 Retail, any set of candle holders $25 retail, with no results.

Am wondering what others are experiencing & am open to suggestions.   I have been told I can't post my website, but a search for "Paul and Nancy's Creations" should bring it up

Thanks,  Paul R

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Re: Sales volume
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 10:07am

Paul Roberts wrote on Jun 11th, 2016 at 9:16am:
I have been told I can't post my website, but a search for "Paul and Nancy's Creations" should bring it up

In an effort to foil spammers all new members need to have more than a few posts before they are allowed to post any website. This is for all our protection.

Thank you for understanding.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Paul Roberts
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Rikon 100
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 10:38am

OK, so noted, how many do I need?

Paul R

IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 1:58pm

You can always  place your website's url in your signature.

IP Logged

Paul Roberts
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Rikon 100
Reply #4 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 3:01pm

Ron Sardo wrote on Jun 11th, 2016 at 1:58pm:
You can always  place your website's url in your signature.

OK, I will give it a try.

Thanks,  Paul R

IP Logged

Don Stephan
WR Addict

WR Rocks!

Cincinnati, Ohio, Ohio, USA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ohio
USA

Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 6:54pm

Have you changed the shape/look/etc of your products to keep up with the competition?  Prices on Etsy and other online sites ridiculously low, and sellers there don't hesitate to see what is selling on other sites, at galleries, et cetera and then offer similar for less.  Third, if small towns, you may have saturated the market.  Finally, the galleries may not be marketing your products the same way as before, or the product mix at the galleries may have changed to your detriment.

IP Logged

Paul Roberts
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Rikon 100
Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 7:54pm

Good points, In total, we have shown in about 20 galleries. Unfortunately, quite a few went out of business. The local galleries appear to show our work quite well. Interestingly one of them, Carmel Galleries, who advertises here, shows our work.

We try to mix our styles, colors & shapes as best we can. About 2 years ago we got back into making the chip & dip bowls & platters, which have been outselling conventional bowls by about 4 to 1.

The galleries, in general, say they are slow, across the board. One owner, who says they are running at a loss,
Thinks many people are buying their kids smart phones & stuff like that, instead of art, who knows?

I have done a lot of price comparison on the internet. Prices vary widely for similar work. I think we are in the ball park, price wise? All of our galleries are in busy tourist oriented cities, both summer, & winter. I think we are competing for the consumer's dollar first. In many galleries we are the only turners being shown.

Anyway, I appreciate your interest & thoughts.

Thanks,  Paul R
« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2016 at 7:55pm by Paul Roberts »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print