Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  Featured Artist    Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   Event Calendar   Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Motor Pulley for Delta 1460 (Read 414 times)

Dale Dykhouse

Love, Joy, Peace

Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Grand Rapids
Michigan
USA

Motor Pulley for Delta 1460
Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:18am

I am looking for a four step motor pulley #932 for a delta 1460 lathe. It has a 5/8 keyed hole.

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Re: Motor Pulley for Delta 1460
Reply #1 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:33am

Dale, the 4 step pulley is the spindle pulley. It can be found at a few places but is very expensive. $350 - $400
You would probably be better off buying a used lathe for much less money and benefit from having other extra parts.
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

You can find used pulleys for about $75 on Ebay as well

Good luck
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:35am by Ed Weber »  

IP Logged

Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:09am

Try McMaster-Carr

IP Logged

Dale Dykhouse

Love, Joy, Peace

Grand Rapids
Michigan
USA

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:21am

Ed Weber wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 8:33am:
Dale, the 4 step pulley is the spindle pulley. It can be found at a few places but is very expensive. $350 - $400
You would probably be better off buying a used lathe for much less money and benefit from having other extra parts.

You can find used pulleys for about $75 on Ebay as well

Good luck

I have a broken motor pulley that is a 932, the numbers are strange, I have found other 932's that have a 1/2 inch hole, I need 5/8.
I am watching E-bay.

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:38am

A 5/8" shaft 4 step pulley isn't really that special. I think if you don't find something on Ebay, look at sites like Ron suggested.
A quick google search of "5/8" shaft 4 step pulley" brings up plenty of results for less than $30. Check you measurements before you perchase

IP Logged

Dale Dykhouse

Love, Joy, Peace

Grand Rapids
Michigan
USA

Reply #5 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 5:26pm

Ed Weber wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:38am:
A 5/8" shaft 4 step pulley isn't really that special. I think if you don't find something on Ebay, look at sites like Ron suggested.
A quick google search of "5/8" shaft 4 step pulley" brings up plenty of results for less than $30. Check you measurements before you perchase

I have looked at several sources, and like you say it is easy to find 4 step pulleys, but they don't match the spindle pulley. I know they don't have to match, but if they do then is makes changing speeds easier.

IP Logged

Ed Weber
WR Global Moderator
WR Patron

Wilton, California, USA
Wilton
California
USA

JET 1642
Grizzly G0584
Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:16pm

Dale Dykhouse wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 5:26pm:
I have looked at several sources, and like you say it is easy to find 4 step pulleys, but they don't match the spindle pulley. I know they don't have to match, but if they do then is makes changing speeds easier.

An exact match would be ideal but it may cost you. You sound like you have this under control, I have no doubt you'll find a solution.

you could always buy a pair and change the one on the spindle as well, then you know they would match.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print