Woodturner's Resource
Woodturner's Resource  
  Featured Artist    Websites   Support Wr
Tutorials, Projects & Tips   Event Calendar   Tool and Book Store
  Home Page Forum HelpSearch Map TPT Resources LoginRegister

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How can I get water spots out of my bowl? (Read 216 times)

Gordon Prill
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Tecumseh, MI, Michigan, USA
Tecumseh, MI
Michigan
USA

Laguna 1836

How can I get water spots out of my bowl?
Oct 21st, 2016 at 11:44pm

I have a problem with a bowl/platter I turned. Last night I was going to put some finish on a bowl I just turned raw wood nothing on it yet. I was carrying it out to the shop and felt a few rain drops so I decided to wait to finish it. I noticed a few rain drops on it, didn't worry about it. This morning I took it back out to the shop, did some light sanding and didn't see any discoloration from the water spots. I started to put on some watco danish oil, medium walnut. As soon as I put the oil on I saw the dark water spots appear.

What is the best course of action here? Can I just sand it down until the spots disappear then reapply the same finish? This is my first laminated bowl and I think it came out nice, I would hate for it to be ruined from the spots. Thanks.

Pic
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2016 at 10:57pm by Gordon Prill »  
https://www.facebook.com/ads/growth/aymt/homepage/  
IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Ron Sardo
WR Administrator
WR Patron

Chief cook and bottle
washer

Drums, Pennsylvania, USA
Drums
Pennsylvania
USA

PM 3520
Re: How can I get water spots out of my bowl?
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2016 at 8:38am

Please do not use dropbox to show us a picture, instead please use our attachment feature.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print