Joliet, IL, Illinois, USA
Joliet, IL
Illinois
USA

Re: Craftsman Tools
Reply #15 - May 20th, 2017 at 8:51am

Joe Penn wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 10:53pm:
Ralph Fahringer wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 12:59pm:
Long time ago, i had a ratchet that had gone bad and took it back in for a replacement and they gave me a repair kit and told me to fix it myself. No more replacing the tool.

Same thing happened to me. I argued with the guy since that wasn't the warranty when I bought the rachet and he gave me another one. I haven't bought a Craftsman tool since.

If I need a hand tool I buy Rigid (Home Depot) tools. They claim to have a lifetime warranty and I haven't needed to use it, but I doubt it will work the way the Sears warranty used to.

I had the opposite happen.  I had two 1/2" ratchets that were both over 25 years old go out on me in the same day.  I brought them into the Sears by me, the counter guy went to the ratchets and came back saying they didn't make that type anymore and didn't have an upgrade in stock.  He took my home info and a few days later, two brand new 72 tooth ratchets arrived via UPS.

But, I doubt that will be the norm in the near future.  My dad always bought Craftsman, saying "Never be afraid to by the better quality tool.  You'll be disappointed less."  With the sale of the Craftsman line, I'm not sure Craftman will be the better tools anymore.

IP Logged

Bill Moschler

WR Rocks!

Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Knoxville
Tennessee
USA

Re: Craftsman Tools
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2017 at 11:34am

Craftsman tools have not been made in the USA for many years now. I was a Craftsman tool junky for many years. But I can honestly say, no big loss. There is just so much to choose from now at very low prices compared to the "old days".  I live about a mile from a Sears store and walk though the tool department each time I go to the mall.  But have not actually bought anything there for years.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2017 at 11:38am by Bill Moschler »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print