Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from MD (Read 105 times)

jonathan schiver
WR Noob

WR Rocks!

Hello from MD
Mar 23rd, 2017 at 9:40am

Im 28, used to turn wood in high school wood working class and loved it. Ive been saving to buy a lathe and tools to start making personal projects then hopefully to move onto something profitable. Currently in Maryland, soon to be moving out to Colorado with a friend to start a customer wood working business. None the less, I bought a Shop Fox w1836, with extension bed. I also bought the following (all Robert Sorby) 3/8" beading tool, 3/8" fingernail spindle gouge, 1/2" nose scraper, 1/2" square end scraper, 3/8" bowl gouge, 3/4" roughing gouge, 1/8" parting tool. I already own various tools, such as a table saw, miter saw, various sanders, router and a mess of jigs from father-son projects past. Ive also rented a few books to reacquaint myself with turning. Im very novice. Any advice given would be appreciated. I do still need to buy a bench grinder and different wheel for it. As well as make a jig for sharpening the tools.

IP Logged

Register To Remove Ads
Len Layman
WR Patron

What have I got into??

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands

PM 3520b
Jet 1220
Re: Hello from MD
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 11:52am

Welcome Jonathan.  Make yourself at home.

Len

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."   MLK
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print